How To Connect Hp Printer To Computer?
You can connect an HP printer to a computer either using a wired network, wireless network, or USB connection. The printer driver is essential for facilitating the communication between your printer and the computer. You can either use the Windows’ inbuilt driver or the HP Easy Start software that is available online. Let us look into how to connect Hp Printer To Computer
Method 1: Using the built-in printer driver on Windows for connecting an HP printer to a computer
- Before setting up your HP printer, remove any previously installed HP printer driver on your computer.
- Disable the active firewall protection temporarily.
- If you have installed an antivirus software, disable it or turn off the protection.
- Change the device installation settings to download the manufacturer apps automatically.
- Turn on the HP printer and connect it to the Windows computer with the help of a standard USB cable.
- Alternatively, you can connect them over a network.
- If the Windows computer displays the Found new hardware window, install the printer driver by following the on-screen prompts.
- If you aren’t able to access your printer after the installation of the printer driver, launch the Control Panel window from the Start menu on your computer and then click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Click the Add a printer button and select your HP printer in the Choose a device or printer to add to this PC section.
- After selecting the HP printer, click the Next button and select The printer I want isn’t listed.
- Click on the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings radio button.
- Click Next and then select Use an existing port.
- Click the Windows Update button and wait until the printer drivers are updated.
- Click on HP in the Manufacturer panel and select your HP printer model number from the displayed list.
- Click the Next button and finish the driver installation process.
- Now, print or scan a test page remotely from the computer to verify the connection setup.
Method 2: Using the HP Easy Start software
- Download the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site.
- Go to the Downloads folder and give a double-click on the setup file to begin the HP Easy Start software installation.
- Agree to the EULA and choose either the wired, wireless, or USB connection option as your connection type.
- Finish the driver installation with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the connection between the printer and the computer by printing a test page.
- Now, We have seen how to connect Hp Printer To Computer using two different methods.