How To Connect Hp Printer To Wifi?
Most of the HP printer models support wireless connectivity. You can connect your HP printer to Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android devices over a Wi-Fi network.
Here we will show how to connect HP printer to WiFi in two ways.
- Using HP Smart
- Using Wi-Fi Protected setup
The above two methods are simple and easy to perform.
Read me first…
- Before you begin the Wi-Fi setup process, check if your HP printer supports the wireless network.
- If not, check if there is a way to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network using an external wireless network adapter.
- If yes, get the external adapter that is compatible with your HP printer.
- Make sure that you have completed the basic printer setup as per the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Make sure that you have your HP printer driver software or an app downloaded.
- If not, download it from your HP printer’s support page.
- Gather your Wi-Fi network’s username and password.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi router or access point is turned ON and ready for the connectivity process.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to connect HP printer to WiFi.
Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Turn your HP printer ON.
- For printers with a Wi-Fi button: press and hold the Wireless button for at least 3 seconds. Once the Wi-Fi light starts blinking, release the wireless button.
- For printer with control panel menus: locate and tap the Network icon. Go to the network settings section. Select the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option followed by Push. Tap the Start button. Within 2 minutes, press & hold the WPS button on the router for 3 seconds.
- Once your HP printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network, connect the computer to the same network and begin the driver installation.
- During the driver installation, you will be asked to select a connection type. Select the Wireless option followed by WPS (Push).
- Click the Cancel button when the computer prompts you to enter a WPS PIN.
- Complete the driver installation by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Perform these steps we can execute that how to connect HP printer to WiFi.
Using HP Smart (iOS)
- If you want to connect your HP printer to an iPad or iPhone, then you can use the HP Smart app.
- First, gather the following materials and then begin the setup process.
- An iPad or iPhone connected to an active network.
- Check if the Bluetooth option is turned on your iPad or iPhone.
- Turn your HP printer on if it turned OFF.
- Make sure that you have connected your iOS and the HP printer to the same wireless network.
- From your iOS device, go to the HP printer’s official site.
- Select the HP Smart app and tap on the Download on the App Store button.
- Now, you will be directed to the App Store.
- Install the HP Smart application on your iOS device by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Once the HP Smart app is installed, open it by tapping its icon available on the screen.
- Perform the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Wait for some time while the HP Smart app tries to detect your HP printer.
- Once the printer is detected, you’re ready to perform the print operation from your iOS device.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to connect HP printer to WiFi.