Connecting Simplisafe Camera To Wifi
How To Connect Simplisafe Camera To Wifi ?
The SimpliSafe camera is a security device that lets you stream crystal clear from any place. It functions with your SimpliSafe system and records all the events in your house. The camera is equipped with the Intelligent Event-Based Recording feature.
The SimpliSafe camera allows you to do the following from anywhere:
- Monitor the activities taking place at home.
- Capture the moments that really matter.
- Record crucial evidence.
To Connect Simplisafe Camera To Wifi, execute the instructions given below:
- Take your SimpliSafe camera out of its box.
- From the micro-USB cord, remove the cap. Slide the cord through the stand.
- Insert your micro-USB into the port at the back of the camera. You will feel a click when this is done.
- Slide your SimpliSafe camera onto its base. Now, plug the camera into the wall.
- Current users can go to the App menu under Set Up Product. New users can download the SimpliSafe App and then execute the instructions displayed.
Let us see how to download the SimpliSafe App. Then we will follow the steps to connect your SimpliSafe camera to Wi-Fi:
- If you are using an iPhone, download the SimpliSafe App from your phone’s App Store. In case you are an Android phone user, download it from the Google Play Store.
- After downloading, open the SimpliSafe App.
- Log in to your account by using your SimpliSafe username and password.
- In case you have forgotten the password, tap the Forgot Password option. Then, carry out the instructions to reset it.
- In the top-left corner, tap the three-bar Menu icon. Choose Cameras.
- If no cameras are installed yet, you will find an Install Camera button. Tap the button.
- If you already have another camera installed, tap the Gear icon.
- Now, tap Add New Camera.
In case you need to use many SimpliSafe systems, you might also need to choose the location of this camera.
- The next step is to name your camera. Please select a name that is under 14 characters and keep it simple.
- Enter all your Wi-Fi information.
- Now, if the phone is connected to your home Wi-Fi, that network will be selected automatically. If not, you can choose another network.
- Type in the Wi-Fi password. If needed, tap the Show button. Tapping the Show button allows you to see what letters you are typing.
- Tap the Get Your Code option. You will see a QR Code, which is a square bar-code.
- To scan the code, hold the phone about 12 inches away, in front of your camera.
- If the scan does not take place, slowly move your phone closer and then away from your camera.
- Try placing your camera on a stable surface. Try to hold the phone still (without trembling or shaking).
- After the code is scanned, your SimpliSafe camera will try to connect to Wi-Fi. When you see the Connected message on the app, you can be sure that you have connected your camera to Wi-Fi.
- If you see a solid yellow light, it means that your SimpliSafe camera needs an update.
- The updating process might take around 10 minutes.
- Once your camera is updated, it will reboot.
- You can contact our technical experts if you have no idea on how to Connect Simplisafe Camera To Wifi.