How To Connect To Netgear Router In Ap Mode?
Before connecting a device to the Netgear router in AP mode, you have to configure the router to Access Point mode. Setting it up to AP mode is a very simple task if you follow the quick steps given on this page. In general, you can use AP mode to set up your router as an access point, add additional routers to the network, and extend your Wi-Fi network using secondary routers. When your router is in AP mode, you can use the features like Setup Wizard, WAN Setup, Block Sites, Dynamic DNS, UPnP, IPv6, Traffic Meter, Block Services, Internet Settings, Port Forwarding, Parental Controls, and Remote Management. Let us see how To Connect To Netgear Router In Ap Mode
Steps to set up Netgear router in AP mode:
- First, connect the existing router to your modem using the supplied network cable.
- Next, connect the Netgear router to the main router using a standard Ethernet cable.
- One end of it should be connected to the Netgear router's Internet port and the other end should be connected to the main router's LAN port.
- Next, connect your Netgear router to a Windows computer using another Ethernet cable.
- Once connected, open the default browser and access the router's login page by entering the router's IP address (Netgear) in the URL field.
- You can identify the router's IP address from the connected computer using the Command Prompt app.
- Click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen and enter 'cmd' in the search panel.
- From the search result, give a right-click on the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type 'ipconfig' and press the Enter key.
- Scroll down to the Default Gateway section and note down the router's IP address.
- On the Netgear router's login portal, enter the default login credentials (if you have not changed the default username and password) to access the router's administrative interface.
- Click the Advanced tab and select Advanced Setup.
- Click on Wireless Settings and scroll down to the AP section.
- Check the Enable AP Mode checkbox and click the Apply button.
- If you are setting up the Netgear router for the first time, click the Continue button to proceed with the Netgear Genie wizard.
- It will guide you through the AP mode setup.
- If you have no idea about how To Connect To Netgear Router In Ap Mode ,contact our technical team by clicking the call button displayed on this screen. >