How To Connect To Netgear Router In Bridge Mode?
Looking for the right steps how to connect to Netgear router in Bridge mode? The simple steps given below will help you do it in a few minutes. Bridge mode: While connecting multiple devices to a single router, there is a chance for you to experience a slow network speed. But, when you use the router in bridge mode, you can connect multiple devices to it without affecting the network speed.
Some of the benefits of using the router in bridge mode are listed below:
- You can use Gigabit speed on all your connected devices.
- You can connect your Smart TV, Blu-ray player, and other devices to the router in Bridge mode using a Gigabit Ethernet cable.
- You can also set up your router in Bridge mode wirelessly.
Connecting to NETGEAR router in Bridge mode
- First, note down your NETGEAR router’s (the router that you wish to connect in bridge mode) information like SSID, security mode, wireless password, and operating frequency.
- Once you have gathered the above information, you’re ready to set up Bridge mode on your NETGEAR router.
- Open a web browser on the device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Type your router’s (router you wish to set up in Bridge mode) IP address in the browser search field.
- Once you have reached your router’s web access page, click the Advanced tab followed by Advanced.
- Click the Wireless Settings tab.
- Select the Use other operating mode option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Now, click the radio button beside the Enable Bridge mode option.
- Click the Setup bridge mode wireless settings button.
- Select the router’s (that you’re connecting to) wireless network frequency from the drop-down menu.
- In the SSID and passphrase fields, type the router’s name and password.
- Select your router’s security mode from the given menu list.
- Once you have done it, click the Apply button.
- Your router is now in Bridge mode.
- If you still have difficulties regarding how to connect to netgear router in bridge mode, contact us.