How To Connect Netgear Router Wirelessly?
If you are connecting the Netgear router to the Windows computer for the first time, you need to use a standard Ethernet cable to connect them and configure the necessary router settings. When you are successful with the connection, you can now disconnect the cable and connect them wirelessly using the wireless network settings. Carry out the below steps to know how to connect Netgear router wirelessly.
To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, connect your Netgear router to the DSL modem using the Ethernet cable.
- It should be connected to the router’s WAN port.
- Next, turn on the router and wait until the Power LED turns into solid green.
- Turn on the Windows computer and click the Network icon at the system tray.
- Click the Wi-Fi button to turn the Wi-Fi on.
- Now, your computer will search for the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Locate your wireless network name (SSID) from the search result and click on it.
- When prompted, enter the password of your Wi-Fi network to access the Internet connection.
- Enter the network key (password) in the text box and click the Connect button to pair your computer to the wireless network.
- You can identify the wireless network credentials on the label attached to the router’s backside.
- Once you have connected the computer to the wireless network, open the default browser and access the router’s administrative interface or to know how to connect Netgear router wirelessly.
Connect your Android phone to the Netgear router wirelessly
- Turn on the Netgear router first.
- Check whether you have properly connected the router to the DSL modem.
- On your Android phone, open the Settings app by touching the Settings icon on the applications screen.
- Tap the Wi-Fi button and turn on Wi-Fi.
- Select your wireless network name from the displayed list and enter the network key using the on-screen keypad.
- Once connected, verify whether you have a standard Internet connection.
If you face problems while to know how to connect Netgear router wirelessly, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.