How To Connect To Nvidia Shield Over Network?
Follow the steps to connect other devices to the NVIDIA SHIELD TV over the wired or wireless network is used to connect to Nvidia shield over network.
- Keep your TV turned off. Take an HDMI cable and connect it between the HDMI port on the TV and the SHIELD TV.
- Next, connect the power cord to the SHIELD TV, plug it to the wall socket, and switch on. The SHIELD TV will turn on automatically.
- See if the green indicator light is glowing and then continue with the network connection to connect to Nvidia shield over network.
- If you are using a wired network connection, then connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the SHIELD TV.
- Now, turn on the TV and use the SHIELD remote to navigate to the Settings menu.
Wired Network connection:
- After that, you can connect to Nvidia shield over network to your computer or network storage device to the router using another Ethernet cable.
- You can access the data on the storage device through the network by opening the Device menu under Settings.
- Select the Storage and Reset option. Following that, choose Shield Storage Access.
- Next, select the Network Storage menu and the SHIELD TV automatically connects to the device. If it does not power up, then manually add the network storage device and to connect to Nvidia shield over network.
- In case you are connecting the computer, go to the Shield Storage Access menu, choose the Over Local Network option, and click the toggle button to turn it on.
- The username and password appear on the screen. Write them down and enter them on the computer when you access the SHIELD TV.
Wireless network connection:
- Enable the Wi-Fi router network and note the network SSID and password.
- Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi router network.
- Disconnect the Ethernet network cable from the SHIELD TV as the device will detect the wired network and does not connect to the wireless network.
- Power on the SHIELD TV. After that, go to the Settings menu and select Network.
- The available networks appear on the screen, choose your router network and enter the network password to connect.
- If the network name does not appear, then click Add new network and go on to add the network manually.
- From the Settings menu, select Device. Now, go to the Storage & reset menu and choose the suitable PC access option to connect to Nvidia shield over network.