How To Delay Sending Emails In Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is one of the user-friendly email clients loaded with tons of features. One such feature is the option to delay the delivery of the emails you send. If you wish to Know How To Delay Sending Emails In Outlook, you have reached the right place. This page shows you the exact procedure for delaying your emails in Outlook. Read this page, schedule your email, and send it at the time you prefer.
How To Delay A Specific Email
If you prefer to delay a specific email delivery, follow the instructions listed in this section. In case you want to schedule all your emails, proceed to the next section.
- On your computer, open the Outlook application.
- Compose a new message and click More options.
- Under the Delivery options section, select the Do not deliver before checkbox.
- Specify the date and time to deliver your message and click Close.
- Now, type the body of your message and click Send.
- Even after clicking the Send button, your email will not reach the specified recipient. Instead, it will remain in the Outbox folder.
- Once it reaches the delivery time you specified, it will be automatically delivered to the specified recipient.
- If you decide to send the same message immediately, go to the Outbox folder and open the delayed email.
- Click More options and deselect the Do not deliver before checkbox under the Delivery options section.
- Finally, click Close> Send.
In this manner, you should delay a particular email in Outlook.
How To Delay All Emails
If you want to schedule all your emails, you need to create a rule in Outlook. It will enable you to delay the delivery of all your messages for up to two hours. Follow these instructions to proceed further:
- On your computer, launch the Outlook application.
- Click File and select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- In the Manage Rules & Alerts window, click New Rule.
- In the Step 1: Select a template section, click Apply rule on message I send in the Start from a Blank Rule segment. Then, click Next.
- In Step 1: Select condition(s), choose the options you prefer and click Next.
- In Step 1: Select action(s), tick the Defer delivery by a number of minutes checkbox.
- In Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value), click the “a number of” phrase and enter the number of minutes up to which you want to keep your emails in Outbox. Outlook lets you delay the delivery of your emails up to 120 minutes.
- Once done, click OK> Next.
- In case you need any exceptions, check the corresponding boxes and click Next.
- In Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, give a name for your rule and select the Turn on this rule checkbox.
- Finally, click Finish.
- Henceforward, whenever you send an email from your Outlook, it will stay in your Outbox for the specified period. Thereafter, it will automatically be sent to your recipient without your intervention.
That’s what you need to know about the process of how to delay sending emails in Outlook. According to your requirements, you can delay the delivery of a specific email or all the emails you send from Outlook. If you have any questions or need clarifications, you can reach our technical experts for assistance.