HOW TO DISABLE NOTIFICATIONS IN CHROME
Sometimes, users get distracted by Chrome notifications, which can disturb them when browsing for an important subject. If you are encountering the same issue, read this article to know the procedure for adjusting the notification settings on Chrome.
HOW TO ADJUST CHROME NOTIFICATIONS ON YOUR DESKTOP
Although Chrome notifications intend to help you, they can annoy you at some point. The following instructions can guide you through the procedure for adjusting Chrome notifications according to your preferences.
- Open the Chrome app. Locate the Menu icon (three dots) in the upper-right corner and click on it.
- Click Settings> Privacy and security> Site Settings.
- Now, scroll down to the Permissions section and click on Notifications.
- Here, you can disable or adjust the Chrome notifications according to your preferences.
- Whenever you land on a website, it will ask your permission to send notifications. You can click either Allow or Block. If you wish to prevent such requests, toggle off the Sites can ask to send notifications option. This step will stop the new sites from requesting your permission to send notifications.
- However, this will not stop the notifications from the websites from which you are already receiving requests. To fix this, you should block those specific sites by adding them to the block list.
- If you want to stop notifications from a specific site, go to the Allow list and click the consecutive three horizontal dots to the right of the site you wish to block, and select Block from the drop-down list.
- In case you want to allow a specific site you have already added to the block list, click Add and enter its address in the respective area. Then, click the Add button.
HOW TO DISABLE CHROME NOTIFICATIONS ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
Usually, we prefer to browse the Internet using a smartphone. So, you might know the procedure for disabling Chrome notifications on Android. Here are the steps you should implement to do it.
- On your Android phone, open the Chrome application.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the right-hand corner and select Settings.
- Choose Notifications and toggle off the Show notifications option.
- If you want to disable only specific notifications, turn them off accordingly.
- If you are using an iOS device, you need not worry about the notifications as Chrome cannot send notifications on the iOS operating system.