How To Disable The Mcafee Antivirus In Windows 10
The McAfee antivirus security application can protect your computer against viruses, malware, cyber-attacks, and other online threats. When you enable this software application, it will scan every file on your computer for potential threats and block those containing malicious codes or viruses. However, in some cases, this application may suspect even legitimate apps or files on your computer and stop them instantly. In case you want to work with that specific file or app, you need to disable McAfee protection on your computer for a particular time. McAfee resumes its real-time protection after the specified time. Depending upon your need, you can disable this application for a specific or indefinite period. If you have a similar issue and want to know How To Disable The Mcafee Antivirus In Windows 10, continue reading this page.
Let’s Disable The Mcafee Antivirus Software
- To begin with, locate the McAfee icon in the system tray and double-click on it; this will open the McAfee control panel.
- In the McAfee window, click the Navigation link at the top-right corner.
- When directed to the Navigation center, click the Real-Time Scanning option.
- On the following screen, you should click the Turn Off button.
- In the “When do you want to resume Real-Time Scanning?” drop-down menu, choose how long you want to stop McAfee from providing protection.
- You can choose the time limit of up to 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
- In case you want to resume the real-time protection after restarting your computer, choose the corresponding option.
- If you don’t want to enable the protection anymore, select the Never option; this will turn off the real-time protection for an indefinite period. Remember that this will turn off McAfee until you enable it manually.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click the Turn Off button to disable the protection.
- Now, it will show you the warning message, “Your Computer Is At Risk.”
- Click Done and close the McAfee control panel.
This is the procedure on How To Disable The Mcafee Antivirus In Windows 10. Do you have any other questions or need clarifications? Get in touch with our tech experts using the Call button we have included on this page.