How To Fix Amazon Fire Stick Error Code 5505?
You may come across the error code 5505 when you are watching a Prime Video content on the Fire TV Stick. If you have set your location wrongly in your Amazon account, you may receive the error. If this error occurs, then you can no longer play videos on your Fire TV. Verify the network connection and fix it if it’s too slow. Proceed with the steps that are given below to Fix Amazon Fire Stick Error Code 5505.
Step 1: Choosing your country
- Open your browser and enter the Amazon official website.
- When the Sign in page appears, enter the email address or phone number associated with your Amazon account. Then, click Continue.
- Type the password of your account and click on the Sign in button.
- Go to the Settings section and select the Country/Region settings.
- Click the Change button nearby the Current country/region section.
- Type your name, full address, phone number, and choose your country from the drop-down list. Then, click on the Update button.
Step 2: Deregistering Amazon account
- After setting the correct location on your account, you have to deregister the Amazon account on your TV.
- Using the Fire TV remote, navigate to Settings.
- Select My Account and choose Amazon Account. Then, select the Deregister option.
- When prompted for confirmation, select Deregister again.
Step 3: Reregister your account
- Now, select the Register option on the Registration screen.
- Enter the email address of your Amazon account and click Next.
- Type the password of your Amazon account and select the Sign In button.
- Now, your Amazon Fire TV stick will be registered.
- Restart your device before using it.
- Since you have updated your country, you won’t receive the error again.
- You can now start streaming your favorite content on your Fire TV Stick.
In case you face the error once again after changing your country/region, then check whether your internet connection is stable or not. Along with this, try clearing the App Data of the Prime Video app. In some instances, clearing the App Data could Fix Amazon Fire Stick Error Code 5505 .