How To Fix Buffering On Nvidia Shield?
The Nvidia Shield, also called the Shield TV, Shield Android TV, Shield Console, or just Nvidia Shield, is an Android-based TV digital player that is marketed and produced by Nvidia as a part of the Shield products for Android devices. It was first launched in May 2015 and sold as a micro-console based on its ability to enjoy and play downloaded games from a compatible PC on a Local Area Network and it has buffering on Nvidia shield.
With all other Android TV devices, it also allows you to stream content from various sources via applications and easily supports the 4K resolution video.
- Shield Experience Upgrade 5.0 is based on Android 7.0 "Nougat."
- It adds software features from the updated 2017 model, including HDR support for 4K video, new apps (including Amazon Video), Smart Things integration, Google Assistant support, and a new Nvidia Games interface.
- Google Assistant support requires a new iteration of the Shield Controller help to stop the buffering on Nvidia shield.
- As of June 2018, the Nvidia released a new version of Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Follow the directions given below to troubleshoot buffering problems in your Nvidia shield TV.
- Turn on your Nvidia shield TV and select the gear (settings) icon on the top-right corner of the TV using the remote.
- Use your shield TV remote and use the arrow buttons to navigate to the Restart option.
- Select Restart and wait for the restart process to begin.
- Once the Nvidia shield TV is turned on, check to see if the buffering on Nvidia shield issue is resolved.
- If not, proceed to the next step.
Check your Internet Connection:
- Turn on your Nvidia Shield TV to fix the buffering on Nvidia shield.
- Navigate to the Settings icon on the top right corner of the screen using the arrow keys in the Shield TV remote controller.
- Scroll down the settings and click on the Network option.
- Make sure to see if your device is connected to your wireless network.
- If you do not see your Wireless connection name, select more and see the list of available connections near your shield TV.
- If you have connected the shield TV to the internet using the Ethernet cable, make sure to see if the toggle switch for Ethernet is set to ON.
Reset Nvidia Shield to Factory Settings and Reset the Router:
To reset your SHIELD to factory settings, follow these steps:
- From the Nvidia Shield Home screen, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select the Device Preferences option.
- Select Reset.
- Select Erase everything to confirm and reset your device after the completion of buffering on Nvidia shield.
- Turn on your Nvidia Shield TV and navigate to the Google Play Store app.
- Open the Twitch live stream application and select the Uninstall option located near the app seen on the TV. Select OK.
- Once the application is uninstalled, wait for a few seconds and choose Install.
To reset the router:
- Press and hold the Reset button seen at the back of the router.
- All the settings made in the router will be reset, and the connection will be stabilized.