How To Fix Hp Driver Installation Fatal Error
HP printers are known for their user-friendly features. However, errors are inevitable with every printer, and HP is not an exception. If you encounter a fatal error when installing the HP driver on your Windows computer, you need to troubleshoot the problem with the appropriate solutions. Try out all the techniques provided below in the given order on How To Fix Hp Driver Installation Fatal Error.
Register The Windows Installer Service Again
When the Windows Installer files are damaged, you will probably end up with a fatal error code. In that case, you need to unregister and re-register the Windows Installer service. The following instructions can help you with the whole procedure.
- On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box (Windows + R).
- Type msiexec /unreg and click OK.
- Again, open the Run box, type msiexec /regserver, and click OK.
- Now, see if the fatal error is fixed.
Uninstall And Reinstall The Hp Software
Uninstall The Existing Hp Software
- On your Windows computer, navigate to the Downloads folder.
- Locate the HP software and double-click on the setup file.
- On the Welcome to HP screen, click Cancel/Exit.
- Now, type %temp% in the Windows search box and press Enter.
- When the Temp folder opens, uninstall the HP software and click OK.
Download The Latest Hp Software
- Once you’ve uninstalled the software from your computer, you need to download the updated software from HP’s official website.
- From your default browser, visit the official support page of HP.
- Enter your printer model and go to its support page.
- On the page that displays, click Software, Drivers and Firmware.
- Usually, your OS will be detected and the compatible drivers will be displayed. To change the OS, click Choose a different OS and select the Operating System of your choice.
- When it shows you the compatible drivers, pick the one you prefer the most and click on the Download button.
- Now, the chosen driver starts downloading in the background.
Reinstall The Latest Software
- Once the updated driver is downloaded, locate it in the Downloads folder of your computer. Next, run the setup file.
- Proceed with the prompts displayed on your screen till you come across the license agreement screen.
- When that appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- Follow the instructions and complete the installation.
- Check whether the “HP driver installation fatal error” is fixed. By now, the problem should be resolved.
We hope the above troubleshooting methods have helped you on How To Fix Hp Driver Installation Fatal Error. If you still cannot rectify your problem, reach our technical experts for assistance.