How To Fix Outlook When It Keeps Asking For Password
Outlook is one of the most feature-rich email clients available for computers. But sometimes, while using the Outlook application, it may keep on asking for the password. This issue may occur due to outdated software, firewall protection, or corrupted password. By following the below instructions you will learn How To Fix Outlook When It Keeps Asking For Password.
Restart Your Computer
- Click the Start menu at the bottom-left corner on your computer's main screen.
- Select the Power option at the bottom of the window.
- Choose the Restart option from the menu.
- Now, wait for some time until your computer turns on.
- Ensure that the Outlook application is not asking for your password repeatedly.
- If the issue continues, run the Outlook application in safe mode by performing the below steps.
Run Outlook In Safe Mode
- First, select the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your computer’s main screen.
- Type Run into the search bar at the bottom of the window and press the Enter key.
- Now, enter the below command in the Run dialog box and click the OK button.
- In the Choose Profile dialog box, click the Profile Name field and select the Outlook option from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- Now, the Outlook application will start in safe mode.
- Check whether the issue is solved.
- If the problem persists, update the Outlook application by following the below steps.
Update The Outlook Application
- Launch the Outlook application on your computer.
- Now, choose the File tab at the top left corner of the window.
- Select the Office Account option from the left menu panel.
- Click the Update Option and select the Update Now option from the drop-down list.
- Next, wait for some time to detect the latest version of Outlook and then follow the on-screen prompts to finish the update.
- Relaunch the Outlook application on your computer and see if the issue is solved.
- If the issue continues, disable the firewall on your computer by following the next solution.
Disable The Firewall
- Click the Start menu on your computer’s main screen and launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, select the System and Security option.
- Here, click on the Windows Firewall option from the list.
- Select the Turn Windows Firewall on or off from the left menu pane of the screen.
- Choose the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Check if the issue is solved.
- If the Outlook application still keeps on asking for the password, then update your Windows computer by performing the below instructions.
Update Your Windows Computer
- Go to the Start menu on your computer and open the Settings window.
- Choose Update & Security from the list.
- Select the Windows Update section on the left menu pane of the screen.
- Click the “Check for updates” button.
- If you see the “Check online for updates from Microsoft Update” link under the Check for updates button, click on it.
- Now, your Windows computer will automatically start to check for updates.
- If there is any update, select the Download and install option.
- After updating your Windows computer, you will be prompted to restart your computer.
- Click the Restart button.
- Once your computer turns on,ensure that the Outlook application is not asking for your password repeatedly.
With the above instructions, you learn how to fix Outlook when it keeps asking for password.