How To Fix Time Machine Backup Error Codes On Mac
Time Machine is a backup tool for Mac OS and is used to keep a copy of all the files and data on your computer. However, sometimes, the Time Machine backup might stop functioning and displays error codes on the Mac screen. If you are facing this issue while backing up using Time Machine on your Mac, follow the below instructions to know How To Fix Time Machine Backup Error Codes On Mac.
Fix Time Machine Error Codes 21 And 19
These error codes will occur while backing up your Mac to a NAS (Network Attached Storage). You can fix these error codes by updating the NAS login password in Keychain.
- First, click the Apple icon at the top-left corner of the window.
- Next, select the System Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Time Machine option from the System Preferences window.
- Click the “Stop using Time Machine for Backup” option.
- Now, go back to your Mac’s main screen and launch the Finder app using the dock at the bottom of the window.
- Select the Applications category from the left menu panel.
- Click on the Utilities option from the list.
- Choose the Keychain Access option.
- Here, search for the NAS hostname and remove all the matching passwords.
- Now, open the Time Machine window and select the Add Backup Disk option.
- Choose Time Machine and enter the NAS login password to update.
Fix Time Machine Error Code 45
This error will occur when Time Machine can’t complete the backup. Follow the below instructions to fix it.
- If you are using a hard drive for Time Machine backup, remove the drive from your Mac computer and close the Time Machine application.
- Next, reconnect the backup drive to your Mac and start the Time Machine backup.
- In case you are using a network drive, check whether there is enough storage space.
- If you are using a Time Capsule, open the Applications window and select the Utilities option from the list.
- Pick the Airport Utility option from the Utilities window.
- Now, search for the available wireless devices.
- If you can’t detect Time Capsule, turn it off and turn it on again.
- Now, restart your Time Machine backup.
Fix Time Machine Error Code 92
This error code will occur when Time Machine fails to back up to the drive. To fix this error, follow the below instructions.
- Click the Apple icon at the top-left corner of the window.
- Choose the System Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Select the Time Machine option from the list.
- Here, choose the Add or Remove Backup Disk option.
- Select Backup Disk at the top of the dialog box and click the Remove Disk button.
- Next, click the Stop Using this disk button from the pop-up menu at the top of the window.
- Again, select the Add or Remove Backup Disk option from the Time Machine window.
- Choose Time Machine and click on the Use Disk button at the bottom-right corner of the dialog box.
- Make sure that the error 92 is fixed.
Now, You know How To Fix Time Machine Backup Error Codes On Mac by following the above instructions.