How To Fix Wd Discovery Software Installation Errors
Does the WD Discovery software installation fail on your computer? The WD Discovery software is a crucial tool to download and keep your other WD apps (such as the WD Security app, WD Backup, and WD Drive Utilities) up to date. When the WD Discovery installation is affected, you will not be able to manage WD products and apps. That’s why you must know how to fix the WD Discovery software installation errors.
Before we try to fix the error, we must know the cause. Once we identify the cause, we can troubleshoot the error accordingly. We have listed the primary causes of the installation error. Check which one could be the reason and try our solutions to fix it.
WD DISCOVERY SOFTWARE INSTALLATION ERRORS
- The WD Discovery installation fails if you have Windows 10 S mode installed on your OS.
- The installation process might be interrupted or the software has been corrupted.
- Security apps like Anti-Virus, Internet Security, End Point Protection, and Malware software may block the installation process of WD Discovery.
- Windows file system permission might be corrupted, or other types of operating issues may lead to the failure of the installation process.
- Your computer might be running on Windows ARM based CPU.
FIX WD DISCOVERY SOFTWARE INSTALLATION ERRORS
- Check if you are using Windows 10 S mode. Go to Settings --> System --> About. If your computer is running on Windows 10 S mode, you are allowed to install apps only from Windows App Store.
- Uninstall WD Discovery software and install it again to make sure the software file is not corrupted.
- Go to Control Panel on your computer.
- Navigate to Programs.
- Find and select WD Discovery.
- Click Uninstall/Change.
- Select Uninstall in the confirmation pop-up.
- Now, navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME in your Windows Explorer.
- Select and delete the .wdc folder.
- Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp directory and remove all the WD Discovery files in the Temp directory.
- Delete the following files on your computer:
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Western Digital\WD Discovery
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\WD Discovery
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Western Digital\WD Discovery
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Western Digital\WDDesktop
- C:\Program Files\WD Desktop App
- Reboot your computer and download and install the WD Discovery software again.
- Temporarily disable the Antivirus protection or lower the security settings on your computer.
- Run the System File Checker tool to fix the files that are corrupted.
- Open the Run box and type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”
- In your Command Prompt window, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- This will scan all the protected system files and fix the corrupted ones.
- Once the corrupted files are restored, try to install the software again.
- If your system is running on ARM-based processors, WD Discovery cannot be installed. To check this, go to Settings --> System --> About.
- Download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework tool to fix the Windows .Net corruption.
We hope you have learned how to fix the WD Discovery software installation errors. If you find difficulties in fixing the errors, contact us without any hesitation.