How To Format Wd Easystore For Mac
Western Digital’s easystore is a portable hard drive that enables you to back up your important data, such as files, photos, videos, PDF documents, etc., and access them on the go.
This portable drive comes in four different storage capacities, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB, and 5TB, and uses USB 3.2 Gen 1 cable for connectivity. The WD easystore drive is designed for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
However, formatting is required for macOS 11+. So, if you have bought the WD easystore drive for Mac running in the latest OS, connect the drive to your computer, and format it using the correct file system to utilize the drive completely. read fully to to know How to Format WD Easystore for Mac
Format Wd Easystore For Mac - Step-by-step Guide|2022
Formatting an external hard drive is straightforward and takes less than a minute to complete. Perform the step-by-step instructions below to format your WD easystore for Mac in no time.
Connecting The Drive To Mac
- Begin with connecting the drive to your Mac computer. (Skip to the ‘Format the drive’ section if you have already connected the drive to your computer).
- Turn off your computer if it is turned on. Connect the WD easystore drive directly to your computer.
- Ensure that you’re using the USB cable that was shipped with the drive.
- Now, turn on your computer. Wait for the drive’s LED light to turn on.
- Once the LED light turns on and becomes stable, you can begin the formatting process as discussed below.
How To Format A Drive
- You can format an external hard drive from the Disk Utility window in macOS.
- So, open the Disk Utility window on your computer. You can do this by clicking the Disk Utility icon or the Applications window.
- You can find the internal and external hard drives connected to your Mac computer on the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window.
- Highlight the WD easystore hard drive.
- Now, the drive information will show up on the right-hand side of the window.
- Click on the Erase button to begin the format.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box titled ‘Erase WD easystore drive?’ will open.
- Type the format name in the Name field.
- Choose the format type of your preference from the Format drop-down menu.
- Similarly, select the Scheme option from the Scheme drop-down menu.
- We have selected Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the format type and GUID Partition Map as the Scheme type here.
- After setting the format preferences, click on the Erase button in the same dialog box.
- Now, your WD easystore drive will start formatting to the configured settings.
- Once the format is done, you can use the drive for backing up and transferring data.
- Create partitions on your WD easystore drive if you wish to manage different data types separately.
- To do so, click on the Partition button and configure the partition settings.
Need real-time assistance on How to Format WD Easystore for Mac? If yes, reach our technical expert team using the Call button.