HOW TO GIVE PERMISSION TO SYNC EMAIL
When you sync your emails on your device, you can keep track of all those emails in a single place. A good thing about the sync process is that you can customize the settings according to your preferences. This article shows you the procedure for permitting your Mac and Windows 10 computers to access your email account. Read this article and know the steps in detail.
HOW TO PERMIT YOUR MAC TO ACCESS YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT
When you synchronize your Gmail account on your Mac computer, you can access your emails in a better way. Follow these instructions for the detailed procedure.
- On your Mac computer, open the Mail app and click Add Account.
- On the following screen, select Google and click the Continue button.
- To allow Google to complete the authentication, click the Open Browser button.
- Now, sign in to your Gmail account with the appropriate credentials.
- If you have enabled two-step authentication, enter the code you received on your mobile and click the Next button.
- Now, Google will show you all the permissions given to your Mac. Have a look at them and click the Allow button.
- When a list of applications appears, click Mail followed by the Done button. Along with the Mail app, you can also synchronize your Contacts, Calendars, and Notes from your Gmail account.
- In this manner, you should permit your Mac to access your Gmail account.
HOW TO PERMIT YOUR WINDOWS 10 TO ACCESS THE EMAIL APP
Before you start, the Sync settings on your Windows 10 computer should be turned on. To do so, hit on the Start button and select the Settings option.
- On the Settings screen, click Accounts> Sync your settings. Then, turn on Sync settings.
- Once done, you can go ahead and give permission to your Windows 10 to access the Email app. To begin with, ensure that you have signed in to your Windows 10 as an administrator.
- Hit on the Start button and then choose the Settings option.
- Now, on the Settings screen, click the Privacy icon.
- In the left pane, click the Email option.
- Under Email, if it shows you “Email access for this device is off,” click the Change button and toggle the switch to ON.
- If it shows you “Email access for this device is on,” it signifies that your Windows 10 computer has already got the permission to access the Email app. In that scenario, you need not modify any settings.
- That’s it. You have successfully given your Windows 10 computer permission to access the Email app.