How To Reboot Router Remotely
Reboot your router remotely in no time with this simple guide.
Rebooting is performed as a part of troubleshooting and can be done manually and remotely. In the manual method, you have to unplug the power cord from the router to reboot it. But, in the remote method, you don’t have to do it.
Instead, you can reboot your router within a few steps or in one single click.
Here we have shown you how to reboot the router remotely in three different ways.
Reboot Router Remotely - Three Simple Methods To Try
Three simple methods that help you reboot the router remotely are listed below
- Using the router’s web access page
- Windows Telnet Client
- Using the Smart Plug app
All these three methods are pretty easy to perform. In detail, we have explained all three methods. You can pick the one you find easy to reboot your router remotely.
Router’s Web Access Page
Almost all the routers offer a web access page where you can access and manage the router’s settings. You can also use the same page to reboot your router.
Note: The procedure for rebooting the router using the browser varies for each router model. For example, we have shown you how to reboot the TP-Link Archer C80 router remotely in this section.
- Visit the TP-Link Archer router’s web access page.
- You can see four menus on the main screen of the page.
- Click on the Advanced menu.
- Expand the System sub-menu under the Advanced menu.
- Locate the Reboot option under the System sub-menu and click on it.
- Click on the Reboot button followed by Reboot to confirm the action.
- Now, your router will reboot.
Windows Telnet Client
If your wireless router supports a Telnet client, you can use the Windows Telnet Client to reboot it remotely.
- Initially, check whether the Telnet client is enabled on your Windows computer. If not,enable it
- Next, open the Telnet Client.
- Run the command (that helps you reboot the router) in the Telnet window to reboot your router remotely.
Smart Plug App
If your router can be plugged into a smart plug, then plug and use the Smart Plug app to reboot it
- Plug your router into the smart plug.
- Open the Smart Plug app.
- Tap on the Reboot or Restart option to restart your router.
Now, you know how to reboot router remotely.
Need further assistance in rebooting the router remotely? If yes, contact us by clicking the Call button below.Contact Us