HOW TO RECOGNIZE AND RECOVER A HACKED YAHOO MAIL? - SIMPLE PROCEDURE
Hacking is a significant threat to any internet user. A small loophole is enough for hackers to get into your system or look into your data. Hackers even try to access people’s email accounts. That’s why Yahoo has features like two-step verification to strengthen security. Though there are several ways to secure a Yahoo email account, users tend to make mistakes now and then, which is taken as an advantage by hackers to penetrate their accounts. Then, the users’ information is no longer safe.
This article discusses how to recognize and recover a hacked Yahoo Mail account.
RECOGNIZE A HACKED YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT
- In case your Yahoo Mail account is hacked, there will be some signs you will notice. One of them is that you will not be receiving any emails.
- Next, check if your Yahoo Mail is sending spam messages to your contacts.
- Check your recent activity page to find if there are logins from different locations.
- Look at your account info to find any changes.
- Check the Yahoo Mail settings, such as the ones given below, to find any modifications.
- Sender name
- Email signature
- Email filters
- Reply-to address
- Send-only address
- Default sending address
- Auto-forwarding addresses
- Blocked addresses
- Vacation response
Continue reading the below instructions to know how to recognize and recover a hacked Yahoo mail account.
If you find that your Yahoo Mail account has been hacked, recover it as soon as possible.
RECOVER THE HACKED YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT
- Change your Yahoo Mail password immediately. If you are using the Yahoo mobile app, follow these instructions.
- Log in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Go to Menu.
- Tap Manage Accounts --> Account info --> Security settings.
- Type in your security key.
- Select Change password --> I would rather change my password.
- Now, type in your new account password and confirm it.
- Tap Continue.
- Delete app passwords that you haven’t requested.
- If your mail settings look changed, modify them according to your preferences.
- Enable the two-step verification feature to add a second layer of security.
- Also, use the Account key for security purposes.
- Check your recovery options and update them.
- Download and install the best antivirus software.
Now you have seen how to recognize and recover a hacked Yahoo Mail account. Make sure you keep track of your account consistently and change your password at regular intervals.