How To Recover Data From Seagate Hard Drive
Have you accidentally deleted files from your Seagate hard drive? If yes, you’ve reached the right page to undo the action you have performed. This article describes How To Recover Data From Seagate Hard Drive.
The process is very simple but requires technical expertise to achieve successful results, so make sure that you read the instructions given on this website meticulously. If you need assistance in restoring or recovering your data from the hard drive, get connected with our experts using the call option on this page.
Using File Explorer
If you have deleted any files or folders from your Seagate hard drive, you can restore them using Windows File Explorer.
- Before starting, make sure that you have enabled the Windows File History feature.
- Go to File Manager and locate the drive (Seagate).
- Give a right-click on the Seagate drive and select the Properties option.
- Click the Previous Version tab and pick the files and folders you want to restore from the available list.
- Click the Restore button and close the window.
- Now, the deleted files or folders will be restored to your Seagate external hard drive.
Using A Data Recovery Software
If the above solution doesn’t resolve the problem, learn how to recover data from the Seagate hard drive using third-party data recovery software.
- Start by downloading a standard third-party data recovery software for your Seagate external hard drive from the web.
- Install the software and restart your PC.
- Reconnect the Seagate hard drive to your computer and launch the data recovery software.
- Specify the location from where you want to recover the files.
- Now, click the Scan button to start scanning the external hard drive.
- The scanning process might take a long time if the hard drive contains huge data.
- Once the scan is completed, preview the files.
- Pick the data you want to recover and click the Recover button.
- Specify a location (like a folder) on your computer to save the files you are recovering. Make sure that your Seagate external hard drive is connected to your PC during the recovery process.
- Once the files are recovered, close the data recovery software and remove the external hard drive.
- After a few minutes, reconnect the drive to your computer and transfer the recovered files from your computer.
- Now, you have seen how to recover data from your Seagate external hard drive.
What If Your Seagate Hard Drive Is Corrupted?
You can scan your external hard drive and fix it using the chkdsk command on your Windows computer.
- To begin with, connect the hard drive to your computer.
- Ensure that your drive is detected.
- Next, open the Start menu and input ‘cmd’ in the search field.
- Right-click the Command Prompt app from the search results.
- Select the Run as administrator option and wait until Command Prompt is launched.
- If the device prompts for User Account Control, click the Yes button.
- In the Command Prompt window, input the chkdsk /f /r /x command and hit the Enter key (replace the letter x with your drive letter).
- Wait until the scan is completed.
- Next, type the attrib-h-r-s/s/d*.* command and press the Enter key.
- After completing the scan, restart your Windows computer and check if the problem is resolved.
We hope this web page has taught you How To Recover Data From Seagate Hard Drive. For further assistance, reach our technical experts. We are just one call away. We ensure a quick response.