How To Remove Trend Micro That Comes Up In The Taskbar
Are you annoyed by the consistent appearance of the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar? If yes, you are in the right place to discuss the issue. This article describes how to remove Trend Micro that comes up in the taskbar.The solution on this page applies even if you have bought Trend Micro from Best Buy. Continue reading without skipping to complete the troubleshooting hassle-free.
Unpin Trend Micro from the taskbar
- On your Windows computer, open Trend Micro by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- If there is no Trend Micro icon on the desktop, open the app from the Start menu.
- Once the Trend Micro icon appears in the taskbar, give a right-click on it.
- Select the Unpin from taskbar option from the pop-up menu that appears.
- If the problem persists, implement the next solution.
Stop the Trend Micro process from Task Manager
This troubleshooting method should definitely be the answer to your question on how to remove Trend Micro that comes up in the taskbar.
- To begin with, open the Task Manager app by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del shortcut keys.
- Jump to the Processes tab and locate the programs that are related to Trend Micro.
- Click the End Task button next to each task.
- In the Startup tab, locate the Trend Micro programs that are running in the background.
- Right-click each program and select the Disable option.
This should fix the issue. In case the problem remains unsolved, move on to the next solution.
Remove and reinstall Trend Micro
This is the final troubleshooting in resolving the issues with your Trend Micro program.
- Open Control Panel and click on the Uninstall a program link below Programs.
- Locate and select the Trend Micro program from the list of installed programs on your computer.
- Click the Uninstall button next to the Organize drop-down menu.
- Confirm your action to remove Trend Micro from your computer.
- If prompted, restart your computer.
- Next, open the default browser and get the latest Trend Micro program for your Windows computer from the Internet.
- Run the setup file and carry out the instructions in the setup wizard.
- Complete the installation. Then, activate your program using the license key to keep your device invulnerable to potential threats, such as malware, spyware, and ransomware.
We hope you have learned how to remove Trend Micro that comes up in the taskbar. In case you need assistance in resolving the issue, reach us without any hesitation.