How To Replace Hp Officejet 5255 Ink
HP OfficeJet 5255 is a multi-functional printer designed for office requirements. It comes with two ink cartridges; HP 302 Setup Black Ink Cartridge and HP 302 Setup Tri-color Ink cartridge. The ink capacities of these two cartridges are totally different. The black ink cartridge can print 480 pages, whereas the tri-color ink cartridges can print 165 pages. On this page, you’ll learn how to replace the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer’s ink cartridge(s).Usually, when the ink levels become low or empty, it is reflected in the printouts. You can check the ink levels of your printer’s cartridges from the printer driver or the HP Smart app. To check the ink levels of your printer, follow the below instructions.
From the printer software for Windows
- On your Windows computer, open the HP OfficeJet printer software.
- Locate and click on the Estimated levels option.
- The estimated ink levels of your printer will be displayed on the screen.
From the printer software for Mac
- Open the HP Utility window on your Mac computer from the Application folder.
- If necessary, select the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer.
- Click Supplies Status > All Settings.
If you’re using the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer from your smartphone, then you can use the HP Smart app to check its estimated ink levels.
- Launch the HP Smart app on the phone.
- Now, you can check the estimated ink levels of the cartridges beside your printer’s image.
To replace the empty or damaged ink cartridge on your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer, get ready with a newly bought cartridge. You can buy it from the HP Store. Avoid purchasing the cartridges from a third-party site. Also, make sure that the cartridges you have bought meet the requirements recommended by the manufacturer.
Start replacing the cartridges
- Turn on your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer if it is turned off.
- Now, make sure that you have loaded enough paper into the paper tray.
- Gently raise the printer’s ink cartridge access door.
- When the cartridge carriage is still moving, unpack the newly bought ink cartridge, and take out its orange packing tape.
- Once the carriage becomes idle, take out the used cartridge from its slot, and replace it with a new one.
- Make sure that you have replaced the ink cartridges correctly.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Now, your HP OfficeJet printer will start to print an alignment page automatically.
- Lift the scanner lid of your HP printer and place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the print side facing down. Then, close the scanner lid and tap OK on the printer control panel.
- Once the printer aligns the ink cartridges, tap OK on the printer control panel.
- To know more about how to replace the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer’s ink cartridge, contact us.