How To Reset Amazon Echo Dot?
When you have been using the Amazon Echo Dot for a long time and suddenly you find the device does not respond as before, a simple reset can solve the problem. Or, if you are planning to give away or trade the Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker, consider resetting the device before you give it to someone else. The following steps will help you reset Amazon echo dot. Performing the reset will clear all the device settings and configuration, thus bringing the device back to the default factory settings. You can do the reset by following the methods explained here.
Method-1: Using the Alexa app
- See that you connect the Amazon Dot and your mobile phone to the same wireless network.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device from the App Store or Play Store.
- After that, launch the app and touch the Echo & Alexa symbol at the top of the screen.
- Select the Amazon Echo Dot device name that you want to reset.
- Next, navigate to the bottom of the screen and select the Factory Reset menu.
- If a confirmation message appears, select Yes or OK to continue with the reset action.
Method-2: Using the device buttons
You can factory reset the Echo Dot device by pressing the right set of buttons on the device.
For Amazon Echo (1st generation):
- You can find a small reset button present inside a pinhole on the device.
- Use a narrow, pointed object like a pin to press and hold the reset button until the ring light goes off.
- Following that, the ring light turns on, indicating that the device has been reset.
Amazon Echo (2nd generation):
- Press the Microphone Off and Volume down buttons together until you see the orange light glowing on the light ring of the device. This will reset Amazon echo dot 2nd generation device.
For Amazon Echo Dot (3rd generation):
- Find the Action button on the right-side panel of the Echo Dot device.
- Press the Action button for 25 seconds, after which the device resets.
In case you want to give away the Echo device, first, deregister the Echo device using the following steps and then reset the device.
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile phone and tap the Settings menu.
- Next, choose the Device Settings option, select the correct device name, and tap Deregister.
If you cannot deregister using the app, then open the web browser window on a computer.
- Visit the official Amazon website and log in to your Amazon account.
- Once the page shows up in the window, go to the Accounts and links section.
- Navigate to the Digital content and devices menu and select Manage content and devices.
- On the next page, click the Devices menu, and a device list appears on the screen.
- From the list, select your Amazon Echo Dot device and click Deregister. Hopefully this information will helped to reset Amazon echo dot device.