How To Reset Amazon Fire Stick?
Amazon Fire Stick is a streaming device that allows users to watch their favorite shows online and also play internet games. If you are watching your favorite videos online with the trendy streaming device --- Amazon Fire Stick, then there are possibilities that you could face some technical issues. Resetting the Amazon device restores it to the default factory settings. But the device does not have a separate reset button. Also, see that you try the other troubleshooting steps to fix the issues, and keep the reset action as a last resort. Learn how to reset Amazon Fire Stick from the following section.
On the Fire TV Settings
Use the steps given below to reset the Fire Stick using the Settings menu.
- Connect the Fire Stick to the HDMI port of the TV and then turn on the TV.
- When the Fire TV home screen appears, navigate to the top and click the Settings menu using the remote.
- Under Settings, select the My Fire TV menu. In previous Firestick versions, the menu is named as ‘Device’ or ‘System.’
- Next, choose the Reset to Factory Defaults option under My Fire TV.
- If the system asks for the PIN, enter it to continue with the process.
- Following that, select the Reset button.
- Wait until the device resets. The device restarts after the settings are restored to factory defaults.
Using the Fire TV remote
When you are unable to reset the Amazon Fire Stick using the Settings menu, try to Reset Amazon Fire Stick with the remote.
- Keep the TV turned on and plug the Fire Stick to it.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Back’ and ‘Right’ navigation buttons on the Fire TV remote for 10 seconds.
- A Reset pop-up message will appear on the screen. Now, click the Reset menu and proceed to reset the device.