How To Reset Kaspersky Internet Security 2020?
Here's how to reset Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 is an Antivirus software that protects your device from known and unknown threats. It blocks phishing emails and harmful sites while you browse online. Kaspersky offers a 30-day trial to home PC users so that they can evaluate the performance of the antivirus software. If you wish to extend the trial period of your Kaspersky product, you have to reset it. But resetting is only applicable for the Windows XP and later versions.
To identify your Windows version, follow these steps.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type ‘winver’ in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- In the pop-up window, you can identify your OS version.
How To Change Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 Trial?
- Before resetting the 30-day trial version of your Kaspersky software, disconnect your computer from the Internet.
- Launch the Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 software and click the License link at the bottom of the screen.
- Delete the expired license and click the Close button.
- Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the screen and select the Self-Defense option from the left-side panel.
- Deselect the Enable Self-Defense option on the right-side panel.
- Next, click the Advanced Settings tab and check if the Self-Defense option is disabled.
- Click the Apply button and select OK.
- Close the Kaspersky window and launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘Regedit’ in the Run dialog box and click the OK button to open the Registry Editor window.
- Type the file path ‘Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\environment’ in the address bar.
- By using the above steps on how to reset Kaspersky internet security 2020.
- Alternatively, type ‘Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ KasperskyLab\protected\AVP11\environment’ in the address bar.
- Give a double-click on the PCID entry from the displayed list.
- In the pop-up window, replace the last four characters in the Value Data field.
- Click OK to exit the Registry Editor window.
- Now, launch the Kaspersky software and click the Activate trial version button.
- Wait until the activation is completed.
- Click the Next button and select Finish.
- To verify whether the 30-day trial has been reset, double-click the Kaspersky icon on the system tray.
- You can now see the ‘30 days remaining on your license’ message on the Kaspersky main interface.
- Make sure to re-enable the Self-Defense option after completing the reset.
If you having any further queries regarding how to reset Kaspersky internet security 2020. Click the call button available on the screen.