How To Reset My Wd Cloud
The finest way to secure and protect your data is to create a backup of your important files using an external hard drive. WD My Cloud is an excellent backup device used to store all your photos, videos, and documents. However, using the WD My Cloud hard drive continuously will lead to insufficient storage. In order to fix this problem, you can reset the WD My Cloud hard drive. Resetting the device will restore all the settings to the factory defaults and also erase the content stored on it. But before doing so, you need to back up your data to some other hard drive. The instructions given below will help you in doing just that.
Back Up Your Data For Windows
- Select the Start menu on the main screen of your computer and open the Control Panel window using the search box.
- Go ahead and choose the System and Security option.
- Navigate to the Backup and Restore option and select it from the list.
- Now, click on the Create a system image option in the left menu panel of the window.
- You will now find the Create a system image pop-up window.
- Choose your WD external hard drive from the drop-down menu under the “On a hard disk” option.
- Here, you’ll find the list of items going to be backed up on your WD hard drive.
- Click the Start backup button to begin the backup process.
- Now, wait for some time to finish backing up your system.
Back Up Your Data For Mac
- Make sure to connect your WD external hard drive to your Mac computer.
- In case you are connecting the hard drive to your Mac for the first time, you will see a pop-up window at the top of the screen saying, “Do you want to use your hard drive to back up with Time Machine?”
- Click the Use as Backup Disk button.
- Now, open the System Preferences window on your Mac.
- Navigate to the Time Machine option in the System Preferences window and select it.
- Next, click on the Select Backup Disk button at the top of the window.
- Next, select your hard drive from the list and click on the Use Disk button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the next window, click the Back Up Automatically checkbox at the top-left side of the screen.
- If you want to back up your Mac manually, select “Show Time Machine in menu bar” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Time Machine icon from the top menu bar of the window.
- Select the Back Up Now option from the drop-down list.
Resetting The Wd My Cloud Hard Drive
- First, connect the WD My Cloud hard drive to the router.
- Next, plug the power cord into the hard drive and the other end into an electrical outlet.
- The device will turn on when the Power LED is lit in solid blue.
- Now, launch the default browser on your computer and navigate to the WD My Cloud dashboard.
- Click the Settings option at the top-right corner of the window.
- Go to the Utilities category in the left menu panel.
- Here, select the Full Restore button under the System Factory Restore section.
- Click OK to confirm and wait for some time to complete the resetting process.
You can reset the WD My Cloud hard drive using its dashboard on your computer by following the above instructi
In case you need further clarifications, make use of the call option to get in touch with our technical experts.