How To Reset Nvidia Shield?
When you reset Nvidia shield, all of the device settings change to the default factory settings. After this, you cannot find any data stored earlier on the device. Use the instructions given that follow to resetting the NVIDIA SHIELD TV and also any devices.
Reset from Settings menu:
- All the TV settings will be removed after the reset, but you can recover your Google account.
- Select the Settings menu on the home screen using the SHIELD remote.
- Following that, choose Device Preferences and then the Reset option.
- Now, click the Erase everything menu to confirm the device reset action.
If you cannot perform the reset from the Settings menu, then consider the below procedure.
For SHIELD TV Pro (2019)/SHIELD TV (2017)
- Disconnect the plug of the TV and connect a USB-wired keyboard to the port next to the HDMI port on the TV.
- Hold the ‘A’ and the ‘B’ keys together while you plug the power cable of the TV and turn it on.
- When the SHIELD TV enters the fast boot mode, direct through the menu using the ‘X’ and ‘Y’ keys.
- Use the ‘A’ key for selecting the menu to reset Nvidia shield.
- Now, navigate to the Boot recovery Kernel menu and select it.
- If you see any Android symbol, then press the B key.
- Next, navigate to the wipe data/factory reset option and select it. After that, choose reboot system now.
- The SHIELD TV starts booting. Later, the home screen shows up.
For SHIELD Pro (2015 & 2017)/SHIELD TV (2015)
- Switch off the SHIELD TV and disconnect the power plug.
- Next, connect your computer to the micro-USB port of the TV with a micro-USB cable.
- After that, wait for a few seconds and then connect the power cable to the socket and switch on.
- Long-press (5 to 6 seconds) the power button of the TV until the fast boot options appear on the screen.
- Press the NVIDIA button to navigate to the Boot Recovery Kernel menu and long press (2 to 4 seconds) the same button to select it.
- When the Android symbol appears on display, long-press the NVIDIA button to start the process.
- Now, the Android Recovery menu appears on display. Move through the menu using the NVIDIA button and choose the wipe data/factory reset menu with a long press (4 to 6 seconds).
- Following that, select the reboot system now option and then the booting starts and also reset Nvidia shield.