How To Reset The Canon Printer Error Code 5b00
Error codes are pretty common with printers, and your Canon printer is no exception. If you encounter the error code 5B00 on your Canon printer, it indicates an overflowing waste ink counter. However, you can fix this problem by resetting the waste ink counter or manually cleaning the waste ink pad. Implement the following troubleshooting methods and fix your problem like an expert.
Resetting The Waste Ink Counter
- The error code 5B00 occurs when ink spills on your printer or the ink absorber is full. However, resetting the ink counter can help you clear out the error code in the best way possible.
- To begin with, disconnect the power cord from your Canon printer and the electrical outlet.
- Open the cartridge access door and press the Power button.
- While pressing the Power button, connect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
- Hold the Power button until the printer starts resetting.
- Once all the lights are turned on, you can release the Power button.
- Wait until the green light turns off. Then, press the Power button twice. Now, the green light starts blinking for a few seconds and then turns solid green within a few seconds.
- Now, close the cartridge access door and start printing.
Cleaning The Waste Ink Pad Manually
If resetting the ink counter doesn’t help you fix the problem, it signifies that the waste ink pads are saturated. In those instances, you can fix the error code 5B00 by cleaning the ink pads manually. The following instructions will guide you in that regard.
- Open the ink cartridge compartment of your printer (depending upon your printer model, the compartment will be at the front or back of the printer).
- Remove all the ink cartridges from their slots.
- With your printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Pull the rubber frame to remove the waste ink absorber. Then, clean the waste ink absorber using a paper towel.
- Once done, reinsert the cartridges into the appropriate holders.
- Reinsert the rubber frame into the printer.
- Finally, connect the power cord to the electrical outlet and turn on your printer.
- The Canon printer error code 5B00 might also occur if the print head is not clean. So, check your print head and ensure that it is clean.
- Also, check the estimated ink levels of your cartridges. If they are empty or critically low, replace them with new ones.
- In some cases, resetting the printer to its factory settings can efficiently help you handle this problem.
We hope the above troubleshooting techniques help you fix the error code 5B00 on your Canon printer.
In case you have any other questions, get in touch with our expert team. We are just a call away!