How To Set Up Arlo Security Light
How To Set Up Arlo Security Light?
Arlo Security Light can be used to protect your surroundings, and it can be mounted inside or outside your living area. The Arlo Security light functions fully over a wireless network, and it is a 100% weather-resistant product. A Bridge is used to connect your Arlo account in the cloud. Communication between the Bridge and the Arlo Security light is done through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). The Arlo Security light can also detect motions. You can record the motions detected by the Security light using the Arlo camera.
Inside the Arlo Security Light package, you can find two Arlo Security lights, a low bridge, two rechargeable battery, an indoor AC power adapter, a USB cable, two outdoor security mounts, a user guide, and a window decals.
Now, let’s see how to configure the Arlo Security Light.
- As discussed above, check if all the components are present inside the package.
- If not, you can contact the Arlo Security dealer or manufacturer to get the missing components.
- Enable the Wi-Fi or Mobile data option on your mobile device.
- Make sure that your smartphone is getting a stable internet connection.
- Now, on your smartphone, install the Arlo app.
- After installing the Arlo application, launch it.
- If you already have an account in Arlo, enter the account credentials in the given fields and tap Next.
- If you don’t have an account, select the New to Arlo option displayed on the screen and proceed with the instructions to create a new account.
- Once you have logged into the Arlo account successfully, tap the Add Device button appear on the screen.
- Now, a list of Arlo product names with its icon will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the Arlo Security light option from the product list displayed on the screen.
- Tap on the Arlo Security light & Bridge option on the Select the device you would like to add screen.
- Now you have to scan the QR code available at the back of the Bridge.
- After scanning the QR code, plug the Bridge into the wall outlet.
- Wait for the LED light on the Bridge to blink in amber.
- It may take a maximum of 60 seconds for the LED light to blink in amber.
- Next, tap the Continue button on your smartphone.
- Now, press and hold the Sync button available on the Bridge for a maximum of 5 seconds, until the LED light turns blue.
- The Connect Bridge to Wi-Fi window with a list of wireless networks available within your mobile device range will be displayed on the screen.
- Select your Wi-Fi network SSID and type its password in the given field.
- Make sure to enter the security key of your wireless network correctly to avoid Wi-Fi network issues.
- After the network connection setup, check if your mobile device and the Arlo Security light are connected to the same wireless network.
- Set the appropriate time zone and other preferences displayed on your mobile device screen.
- After setting up all the preferences, tap the Save button available at the top of the screen.
- The Firmware Update window will appear on your smartphone device’s screen once the network connection setup is done successfully.
- The Bridge's firmware update process begins automatically if it is available.
- Wait for the Bridge's firmware update process to complete.
- Once it is done, start setting up the Arlo Security Light.
- Insert the rechargeable battery into the Arlo Security Light.
- As soon as you insert the battery into the Arlo Security device, the light on it will flash once.
- Now, press the Continue button on your mobile device to begin the Sync Light process.
- Hold the Sync button on the Arlo Security light for five seconds or until the light starts flashing blue.
- Press the Continue button. Now, you can see the LED light on the Bridge blinking blue.
- After completing the pairing process completely, set a name for your Arlo Security light and press the Continue button.
- If you want to pair one more Arlo light, then tap the Add Another Light button on the final screen.
- To get remote assistance in setting up or configuring the Arlo Security light in your living area, click the Call button available on this screen.