How To Set Up Auto Reply In Outlook
When you set up an auto-reply for your business emails, it gives you an option to provide prompt responses to your customers’ chats and emails. This will fulfill your customer’s expectations as well. Moreover, the auto-reply feature lets you keep your customers informed about their queries. In this article, we will show you How To Set Up Auto Reply In Outlook. Read this page and learn the procedure.
Set Up Auto Reply In Outlook
- Open your Outlook 2019 application and click the File option.
- If you can locate the Automatic Replies option, click on it and follow the instructions given in this section. If you cannot find this option, you need to set rules to set up auto-replies (The next section will guide you in that regard).
- In the Automatic Replies box, click the Send automatic replies option.
- Now, set a specific date range for your auto-replies in the Start and End time fields.
- Remember, when it reaches the specified end time, auto-replies will be eventually turned off.
- Go to the Inside My Organization tab and start typing the response you wish to send to your customers/team-mates/colleagues as an auto-reply.
- Once done, hit on the OK button to save your settings.
This way, you should set up an auto-reply in Outlook. If you don’t want to send auto replies anymore, click the Turn off option in the Automatic Replies box.
What If You Don’t See The Automatic Replies Option?
If you don’t see the Automatic Replies option after selecting the File tab, it signifies that your email account is not supporting the Outlook Automatic Replies feature. In that case, you need to create a template and set up a rule to automatically reply to your incoming messages. The following instructions will guide you in that regard.
- Open Outlook and compose a new email.
- Input the appropriate information in the Subject and Message body fields. Then, select File> Save As.
- In the Save As type drop-down menu, just give a name for your template and select the Outlook Template (*.oft) option.
- The default location for templates is c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates. However, you can also modify the location just as you prefer. Then, click the Save button.
- Similarly, you can create as many templates as you want. Once done, you can go ahead and create rules for auto-replies.
How To Create A Rule For Auto-replies
- Open your Outlook application and click File> Manage Rules & Alerts.
- In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, go to the Email Rules tab and click the New Rule option.
- If you want to reply to every email you receive, leave the Step 1 and 2 boxes as they are and click Next.
- When Outlook asks you whether you really want to apply this rule to all your messages, click Yes.
- Under the What do you want to do with the message field, select the Reply using a specific template option.
- Under the Edit the rule description field, select the specific template option.
- In the Select a Reply Template box, choose the User Templates in File System option and pick the template you have already created. Then, select Open> Next.
- Finally, give this rule a name you prefer and click Finish.
- Once you create this rule, it will be turned on by default. However, if you prefer to turn it on later, you can uncheck the Turn on this rule box.
- To turn on/off a rule, select File> Manage Rules & Alerts> Email-Rules. Locate the rule you want to turn on and check the Turn on this rule box. Then, click the OK button.
- Henceforth, your auto-replies will reach the recipient just as you have configured them.
In this way, you know How To Set Up Auto Reply In Outlook. For further queries and clarifications, get in touch with our technical experts using the call option.