How to Set Up Ring Doorbell
How to Set Up Ring Doorbell
Ring Doorbell is a security device that notifies the user when a person is at your door. The Ring Video Doorbell product has a camera inside the setup to record the motion of the surrounding. It is generally connected to the home Wi-Fi network and alerts the user through the Ring app installed on your smartphone.
Carry out these steps to set up your Ring Doorbell product:
- First, download and install the Ring app on your smartphone.
- It is available on Google Play Store as well as on Apple's App Store app.
- You can get the Ring app by simply typing “Ring” in the search panel.
- Make sure you have a standard Internet connection on your mobile.
- Tap the Download button followed by Install.
- Wait until the Ring app is downloaded on your smartphone.
- After installing the product, launch the Ring app and tap the Setup Device button.
- Tap the Create an account button and fill up the necessary details to create an account.
- If you have an account already in the Ring app, tap the Log In button and enter your login credentials.
- Tap the Set Up a Device button and select Doorbells.
- Now, prepare the Ring Doorbell for manual setup.
- You need to scan the QR code or MAC ID barcode on the label located at the backside of your Ring Video Doorbell.
- Use the smartphone camera to scan the QR code or MAC ID barcode.
- You can also find this on the Quick Start Guide that comes along with the package.
- If you aren't able to scan the code, you can skip the process by tapping the "Set Up Without Scanning" option followed by Ring Video Doorbell.
- Allow the Ring device to pinpoint your mobile location.
- To do so, enter the address info into the Ring app and confirm it.
- Name your Ring Video Doorbell device on the Ring app account if you wish to set up multiple devices.
- Select the specified names from the list or choose your desired name by tapping the Custom button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, take the Ring Video Doorbell product and begin the manual setup.
- Locate the orange button at the backside of the product and press it.
- When the Ring Video Doorbell spins a white light around the product, tap the Continue button on the Ring app.
- If you have an iOS device, tap the Join button to connect with the Ring Wi-Fi network.
- For Android mobiles, it will be connected automatically.
- If it fails to connect automatically, minimize the Ring app, and navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap the Wi-Fi button and select the Ring Wi-Fi network from the displayed list.
- After connecting to the Wi-Fi network, close the Settings app and return to the Ring app.
- Connect the Ring Video Doorbell to the home Wi-Fi network.
- You need to enter the Wi-Fi password of your Wi-Fi router and tap Continue to connect the device wirelessly.
- Fix the Ring Video Doorbell product on the wall near the main door by referring to the user guide.
- After connecting the Ring app and the Ring Video Doorbell product to the same wireless network, perform a test to ensure the connection.