How To Setup The Epson Et 3850u Printer
Epson EcoTank ET-3850U is a wireless cartridge-free printer that can print, scan, and copy. Since this printer comes with cartridge-free ink tanks, you don’t have to worry about running out of ink.If you want to learn how to setup the Epson ET 3850U printer,continue reading this article
Unpack Your Printer
- Unbox your printer and take out all the items from your printer box.
- Your package includes the Epson EcoTank ET-3850U printer, power cord, and ink bottles.
- Remove all the protective and packing materials from your printer and its accessories.
- Don’t unpack the ink bottles until you are ready to fill the ink tanks.
Connect The Power Cord
- Take the supplied power cord.
- Connect the cord between your printer’s rear port and a power socket.
- Do not connect the printer to your computer now. You can do it only when you are prompted to do so during the software installation.
Printer Via Smartphone Setup
- If you want to install your printer via a smartphone, you can use the Epson Smart Panel app.
- Download the Epson Smart Panel app and install it on your smartphone
- Turn on the Epson EcoTank ET-3850U printer.
- Launch the app and set up your printer by following the instructions
- If you don’t prefer to set up your printer via smartphone, skip this section completely.
How To Fill The Ink Tanks
- Raise the scanner unit and open the ink tank cover.
- Open the black ink tank’s cap and unpack the black ink bottle.
- Remove the black ink bottle cap and align the bottle with the filling port.
- Wait until the tank gets filled. But don’t squeeze the bottle.
- Once the ink tank is filled, take out the bottle and secure it with its cap.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining ink tanks.
- Once done, close the ink tank cover followed by the scanner unit.
Complete The Ink Charging Process
- Lift the control panel and turn on the printer by pressing the Power button. Now, the Power light starts flashing.
- If your printer shows an error code, turn off the printer and see if you have left any protective materials inside the printer.
- When prompted, choose your language.
- Go ahead with the on-screen instructions and start the ink charging process, which can take up to 10 minutes.
- When the Power light stops flashing, it indicates that the ink charging process is completed.
- Now, press OK to proceed with your printer’s initial setup.
- You should adjust the print quality on your printer before loading the paper. Go ahead with the on-screen instructions and make the necessary changes to the print quality.
- Now, you can start loading the paper.
- Extend the paper cassette from the Epson EcoTank ET-3850U printer.
- Move the guides to the extreme ends.
- Take a stack of paper and load it with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the side edge guides against the paper and reinsert the paper cassette into the printer.
- Finally, pull the output tray outside and choose the paper settings on the printer control panel
Download The Compatible Software
You must install the most appropriate software on your computer to access your Epson printer. For your Epson printer, you can get the compatible software from its official website. The following instructions will show you the procedure in detail.
- A stable Internet connection is mandatory to get the printer’s software. Therefore, connect your computer to your wireless network and visit Epson’s website from your browser.
- Input Epson ET-3850U in the search area and press the Enter key (on the keyboard).
- When it shows you the search results, click on the correct printer.
- It will direct you to the product support page; there, click the Downloads button.
- Now, it will show you a list of drivers compatible with your OS.
- Pick the software you prefer the most and click Download.
Install & Connect Printer To The Computer
- Once the driver gets downloaded to your computer, locate and run it.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions until you get to the license agreement screen.
- When the software’s license agreement screen pops up, read the terms and conditions and accept the same.
- Choose Wireless connection, Direct USB connection, or Wired network connection on the Select Your Connection screen.
- Depending upon your selection, connect your devices (printer & computer). Don’t forget to connect your Epson printer to your computer’s network for a wireless connection.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and then complete the software installation.
- From now on, you can access your printer from your computer using this software.
You’ve learned how to setup the Epson ET 3850U printer. For further details, get in touch with our technical experts. For this purpose, we’ve included a call option.Contact Us