How To Setup Vpn On Tp-link Wi-fi Router
Many users feel insecure when accessing a device or site over a public network. But there is an easy and simple way to mask your important data and your computer information while using a public network.You can use a VPN connection for the same. This will help you in encrypting the connection from a device to a network through the internet. Also, it allows you to remotely access your device over a secure connection.Most wireless routers, like TP-Link, offer the VPN function, and it is easy to configure.In this step-by-step guide, we will be taking you through the process of setting up a VPN on the TP-Link Wi-Fi router.Generally, the TP-Link router offers different VPN functions. This page will show you how to setup VPN on TP-Link router.
Setting up PPTP VPN
Initially, enable and configure the PPTP VPN server on your router. Next, configure the VPN connection on your remote device.
Configuring the PPTP VPN server
- Go to your TP-Link router’s web-based utility page.
- Locate and click on the Advanced option on the opened page.
- Select VPN Server > PPTP VPN > Enable VPN Server.
- Type your device’s IP address in the Client IP address box.
- Click the drop-down icon beside the Advanced option.
- Enable the “Allow Samba (Network Place) access,” “Allow NetBIOS passthrough,” and “Unencrypted connections” options by clicking the checkboxes beside them.
- Click the Save button.
- To use the network remotely, you need an account.
- So, set up the PPTP VPN connection account when prompted and note down its credentials for future use.
Configuring VPN on a remote device (Windows)
- Open Control Panel on your computer.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Set a New connection or network > Connect to a workplace > Use my Internet connection (VPN).
- Now, type your router’s IP address in the Internet address field of the Connect to a workplace screen.
- Click Next.
- Type the PPTP VPN connection account credentials in the given fields.
- Click Connect > Connect now.
Contact us to know more about How To Setup Vpn On Tp-link Wifi Router.