How To Setting up Arlo Pro 2?
Steps To Setting up Arlo Pro 2
For setting up Arlo Pro 2 camera, follow the instructions given below:
Components in the Arlo Pro 2 package:
The following components will be included in the Arlo Pro 2 package:
- Base station
- Base station AC power adapter
- Ethernet cable
- setting up Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free camera
- Power adapter cable for the camera
- AC power adapter for the camera
- Rechargeable battery
- Mounting screws
- Magnetic wall mounts
Inserting the battery into the Arlo Pro 2 camera:
- Note that the Arlo battery will be fully charged when it comes from the factory.
- By pressing and holding the latch on the camera, unlock the battery compartment.
- To open the compartment, pull the battery door back gently.
- Now, align your battery contacts. Next, insert the battery.
- Finally, close the door of your battery and setting up Arlo Pro 2 camera.
Downloading the Arlo app:
- You can download the Arlo app for your smartphone by searching for Arlo in the App Store.
- In case you are already making use of the Arlo app, please ensure that you have the latest version.
- You can also go to the App Store and find Arlo to check if an update is available.
Connecting the base station to the internet:
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the base station to your router.
- Then, connect the AC power adapter to the base station and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Now, press the On/Off button to turn on your base station.
- In approximately two minutes, the power LED and internet LED on the front of your base station will turn green.
Getting an Arlo account:
If you want to create a new Arlo account, continue with these steps:
- From your smartphone, launch the Arlo app.
- Tap the New to Arlo? button for setting up Arlo Pro 2 camera.
- Choose Arlo Pro 2.
- Continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions.
If you have an existing Arlo account and you need to add an Arlo Pro 2 camera to it, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Arlo account.
- Tap the Add Device option.
- Follow the instructions that display on your screen.
Syncing your cameras with your base station:
- Remember that your cameras should be synced one at a time while you setting up Arlo Pro 2.
- Place your Arlo Pro 2 camera within 1 to 3 feet of your base station.
- On the top of your base station, press the Sync button for about two seconds. Then, release the Sync button.
- Now, wait for the Sync Status LED to blink green.
- On the top of your Arlo Pro 2 camera, press the Sync button for about two seconds. After two seconds, release the button.
- When the syncing process begins, the blue LED on your camera blinks slowly.
- The blue LED blinks rapidly to confirm the syncing.
- Your Arlo Pro 2 camera is now ready for viewing. Setting up Arlo Pro 2 is almost over now.
- In case the sync does not succeed, the LED blinks in amber. This color of the LED means you have to repeat the syncing process.
Placing or mounting your Arlo Pro 2 cameras:
- You can choose any one of the following options:
- Place your Arlo Pro 2 camera on a shelf or any other flat surface.
- Mount your Arlo Pro 2 camera to the wall.
- Use the Arlo app in Position mode to help aim your camera. You can find the Position mode in Camera Settings.
- If you need to mount your camera to the wall, fasten the mounting screw into the wall. Then, hang the magnetic mount from the screw.
- In case you wish to mount your camera to drywall, make use of the plastic drywall anchors provided with the camera package.
Charging the Arlo battery:
Although the Arlo battery is fully charged when it is delivered to you, you have to recharge it. Follow these steps to know how to recharge the Arlo battery:
- You have to keep your camera indoors while charging its battery.
- Now, connect one end of the power adapter cable to your camera’s power adapter.
- Next, you have to connect the other end of the power adapter cable to your Arlo camera.
- Finally, plug the power adapter into an electrical socket.
- You can be sure that you have fully charged your Arlo battery when the LED lights on the camera turn solid blue.
- Your Arlo Pro 2 is now set up and ready for use.
- For assistance on setting up Arlo Pro 2 camera, you can contact our technical experts.