How To Setup Tp Link Range Extender?
We will see how to setup tp link range extender. Here, we will be focusing on the model TL-WA850RE:
- First, keep your range extender close to your wireless router or access point.
- Please turn it on and wait till the wireless LED begins to flash.
- Now, press the WPS or the QSS button on your router. Next, press the RE button on your range extender.
- Your router and range extender will now start connecting. It might take about 2 minutes for the router and range extender to connect.
- You will know that the connection is completed when the range extender light turns a solid blue.
- Now, you will have a seamless wireless network.
- Follow these steps on how to setup tp link range extender.
However, if you find that the router and range extender are not getting connected using the WPS or QSS function, you will need to reset the range extender.
To do the same, please carry out the instructions given below:
- Keep your range extender plugged in and powered on.
- Make use of a pin to press the reset button. You can find this button on the bottom panel.
- Now, it is time to choose either a wired or wireless setup.
- To utilize an Ethernet connection, you have to insert one end of an Ethernet cable into the underside of your range extender.
- You can now connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your computer.
- Now, for a successful setup process, you will have to disconnect your computer from all the wireless networks. This step is a very significant one.
- Now, please wait for the range extender’s LED to flash.
- To connect using a wireless method, go to your desktop and click the wireless network icon on it.
- Next, click on the Refresh button and choose TL-WA850RE. Click Connect.
- You can be sure that the two devices-your router and your range extender are now connected.
- On your computer, open the default web browser. In the address bar, type the official TP-Link extender web setup URL.
- Next, make use of the details given here to log in.
- The login username: admin.
- The login password: admin.
- When you have logged in successfully, the Quick Setup Start page will be displayed on your screen. On this page, you have to click on the Next button.
- On the page that appears next, click the desired region and then click Next.
- By using these steps on how to setup tp link range extender.
- You now have to wait a few moments patiently. During this time, your range extender will detect the surrounding wireless networks.
- Next, you will see a list of local networks on your screen. Choose your main router network and then click on the Next button.
- On the page that displays next, type in the existing wireless router’s password and click on the Next button.
- To complete the quick setup, click on the Finish button.
- It will take at least 2 minutes for the connection to complete. Please wait patiently until the connection is established.
- When the setup is completed, your range extender will remember the router settings.
- Therefore, you can move the range extender without going through all the steps in the setup process again.
- Please place your range extender within the wireless router’s range. This action is necessary to maximize the performance of your range extender.
- The LED lights will aid you in choosing the best position for the range extender.
- Please select a location where you can see at least 3 bars.
- When your range extender has been set up, you will not find the TL-WA850RE as a wireless network option anymore (on your computer). It has vanished from your computer screen because your range extender cloned your wireless router settings for setting up a seamless wireless network.
- You can now connect to your wireless network as you normally do.
If you having any further queries regarding how to setup tp link range extender. Click the call button available on the screen.