How To Update Tp-link Usb Printer Controller For Macos Big Sur
Are you having issues with the TP-Link USB Printer Controller utility on your macOS Big Sur device? Probably you might be using the outdated version. Here we have discussed how to update the TP-Link USB Printer Controller utility for macOS Big Sur. Continue reading the instructions to learn how to update the utility and use it for your printer needs.
Uninstalling The Outdated Utility
- To begin with, close all the running programs.
- Click the Finder icon in the dock. This will open the Finder app.
- Click the Applications tab from the left-side panel.
- Locate and select the TP-Link USB Printer Controller utility from the available list.
- Drag and drop the utility to Trash. Remember to empty the Trash folder.
Uninstalling The Outdated Utility From The Boot Menu
If the above steps didn’t help you uninstall the utility, follow these steps.
- First, turn off your Mac. Let it be idle for a minute.
- Power on your Mac. Click and hold the Shift key when you hear the startup sound.
- Release the Shift key when the Apple logo appears.
- Once you log in to the boot menu section, click Applications --> TP-Link --> TP-Link uninstaller. This will run the TP-Link uninstaller.
- Once you have removed the utility using the uninstaller, reboot your Ma
Getting The Latest Usb Printer Controller Utility
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official TP-Link site.
- Click the Support tab and select Download Center from the left-side panel.
- Input your TP-Link router model in the search field and click the same from the search results.
- Select the Utility tab and scroll down the page to pick the latest or updated TP-Link USB Printer Controller utility for your Mac.
- Give a double-click on the utility to download it.
- After completing the download, proceed to the installation.
Installing The Downloaded Utility
- Run the installer file you have downloaded.
- Click the Install button if the installer prompt pops up.
- Wait until the installation is completed.
- Finally, click the Restart button to reboot your Mac.
Configuring Your Printer With The Utility
- On your Mac desktop, double-click the TP-Link USB Printer Controller utility.
- Verify if you have properly connected your printer and Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Click the Auto-Connect tab in the utility and select your printer name from the available list.
- Pick the Set Auto-Connect Printer option and add your printer.
- Click Apply and close the utility.
- Now, you can automatically execute your printing tasks using the utility.
Hope you have learned how to update the TP-Link USB Printer Controller utility on macOS Big Sur. For further queries and clarifications, reach our technical experts through the call option on this page.