How To Upgrade Tp Link Firmware?
Upgrading the firmware of a TP-Link router would be the solution for most of the router issues. Also, it helps to improve the performance of the router. Proceed with any of the following methods how to upgrade TP Link firmware to the most recent version.
Method 1 - Upgrade the firmware manually
- Visit the official website of TP-Link, choose the model name of your TP-Link router from the TP-Link product drop-down menu.
- Select the latest version of the firmware from the available list and download it.
- The downloaded firmware zip file will be saved in the computer’s Downloads folder by default.
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- Access the web-based interface of your TP-Link router using its IP address, username, and password.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and click the System Tools option followed by the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Go to Device Information and check if the downloaded firmware file matches with the hardware version of the router.
- If not, you have to download the correct firmware file from the manufacturer website.
- Navigate to the Manual Upgrade section, click the Browse button, and choose the downloaded firmware file.
- Once you click the Upgrade option, the router’s firmware begins to upgrade to the most recent version.
- Wait until the upgrade process gets over.
- Follow these steps how to upgrade Tp link firmware.
Method 2 - Automatica Firmware Upgrade
- Establish a connection between the TP-Link router and your computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Use the router’s IP address to open the login page.
- Provide the valid login credential to access the web-based setup page of the router.
- If an update is available, it will be notified by the Update icon at the top-right end of the screen.
- Click this Update icon, go to the Online Upgrade section, and click Upgrade.
- This will upgrade the TP-Link router’s firmware to the recent version.
- Note: Do not turn off the router while the firmware is being upgraded.
Method 3 - Tether application
- Establish a connection between your smartphone and the TP-Link router.
- Install and launch the Tether application.
- Tap the Management icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select System -> Firmware Update -> Update.
If you having any further queries regarding how to upgrade Tp link firmware. Click the call button available on the screen.