How To Use Icloud Backup On Mac
When you back up your data on a regular basis, you need not worry about data loss. On your Mac, you can back up your data using Time Machine or iCloud. In this article, let us see how to use iCloud backup on Mac.
iCloud is one of the convenient ways of creating a backup because you can do it wirelessly, and you can also schedule the backup according to your preferences. Without further ado, let us learn the procedure to use iCloud backup on your Mac.
Before you go ahead, ensure that your Mac meets the following requirements:
- macOS Monterey 12 or later
- Safari 9.1 or later, Firefox 45 or later, Google Chrome 54 or later, or Opera
- iWork for Mac
BACK UP YOUR DATA VIA ICLOUD
This section describes How To Use Icloud Backup On Mac that is connected to a Mac computer.
- Before you start backing up your data, make sure that your Mac runs on the latest Operating System.
- On your Mac, navigate to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- On the screen that displays, click on your Apple ID and select iCloud.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and select the iCloud Drive option. When you sign in to iCloud, you can access iCloud Drive.
- To add the files and documents from your Mac to iCloud Drive, choose the Desktop and Documents Folders option and click Done.
- Once you set up iCloud Drive, every document you have already saved in iCloud will automatically move to iCloud Drive.
- If you want to access your files from every device, set up iCloud on all your devices.
- Once you set up iCloud Drive, you can access it in Finder.
- In case you want to access your iCloud Drive when you are offline, click iCloud Drive in the Finder window.
- Open the file you want to access and select the Download Now option. And if you make any changes to that file, it will automatically be uploaded to iCloud when you are back online.
- iCloud Drive gives you a 50GB storage limit; if you need more space, you can upgrade to iCloud +.
In this way, you should know on how to use iCloud backup on Mac. If you have any queries, you can reach our technical experts for assistance.