How To Use Wd Easystore
Western Digital easystore is a portable hard drive that enables you to save and access your data on the go. It comes with a backup software that helps you set up and back up your important data to the drive.
Read the rest of this article thoroughly to know How To Use WD Easystore drive on your Windows and Mac computers.
Wd Easystore - How To Use Guide
Before you begin, check whether the drive is connected and its driver is installed on your Windows or Mac computer. If not, connect the drive and install its software by following the instructions below.
Connecting The Drive To Your Computer
- The WD easystore drive doesn’t require any additional power to function.
- Connect this Western Digital drive directly to your computer using the USB cable and start using it.
- Use only the USB cable that was shipped with the drive to connect it to your computer.
- Once your computer detects the connected drive, a screen with the message ‘Found New Hardware’ will open.
- Click Cancel. The basic drivers of the drive will be installed automatically.
Installing Wd Discovery
- Ensure that your computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Open the WD Discovery for Windows.exe or WD Discovery for Mac.dmg file on your Windows or Mac computer, respectively.
- Install the WD Discovery software on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the WD Discovery software is installed, open it. Now, a screen with two tabs, Devices and Apps, will open.
- You can find the connected WD drives in the Devices tab and the available apps in the Apps tab.
- Go to the Apps tab. You will find the WD Backup and WD Drive Utilities apps here.
Backing Up Data To Easystore
- Launch the WD Backup app by clicking the Open button beside it.
- Select ‘I have read...’ and click Next in the Welcome to WD Backup window.
- On the screen that displays, just click on the Back up Files button to back up your important data from the computer to the drive.
- Choose the WD easystore drive and click Next.
- Set the automatic backup schedule if necessary.
- Choose the file types that you wish to back up, and finally, click the Start Backup button.
- Now, the selected file types will start backing up from your computer to the WD easystore drive.
- You can also use the WD easystore drive to restore your files to the computer.
- To do so, open the WD Backup software.
- Click on the Restore Files button on the Setup your first backup screen.
- Restore the files you want by following the on-screen instructions.
Contact us to learn more about How To Use WD Easystore drive on your Windows or Mac computer. For this purpose, we have provided a Call button on this page.Contact Us