Why Hp 3830 Printing Blank Pages?
Is your HP 3830 Printing Blank Pages? It is rare to get a blank page while printing. In most cases, the problem seems to be happening due to the improper installation of the ink cartridges. However, you have to identify the actual cause and implement the correct troubleshooting steps. To help you with that, we have given a few solutions below.
Solution 1: Check the ink cartridges
- First, restart your printer.
- When the printer is ready, touch the Ink icon on the control panel.
- If you are out of ink, replace the cartridges. Otherwise, check the installed cartridges on your printer.
- To replace the cartridges, open the front cover with the printer turned on.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door and then wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Remove the expended cartridges.
- Unpack the new cartridges.
- Insert the new black ink cartridge into the right-side slot and the color ink cartridge into the left-side slot of the carriage.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Retry to print your document and check if the problem is resolved.
- If your HP 3830 is still printing blank pages, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Run the Windows troubleshooter
- On your Windows computer, open the Start menu.
- Type ‘troubleshooting’ in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- From the search results, click on Troubleshoot settings.
- Under Troubleshoot, select the Printer option and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Wait until the troubleshooting process is completed.
- Finally, print a test page and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 3: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool
- To begin with, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool.
- Next, open the downloaded utility and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click the Start button and choose Fix Printing.
- Wait for the tool to diagnose and resolve the printing issue.
Solution 4: Restart Print Spooler
- Open the Run dialog box, type ‘services.msc’ in the text field, and hit the Enter key.
- Locate the Print Spooler service in the window that appears.
- Give a right-click on the Print Spooler service and select the Restart option.
- Reboot your Windows computer and retry to print your document.
If your HP 3830 Printing Blank Pages even after these troubleshooting steps, reinstall the printer driver.