Fix: HP 8710 Not Printing
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 is an All-in-One wireless printer, which also includes the one-of-a-kind AirPrint feature. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer is made in such a way that it supports wireless printing and comes with a good state-of-the-art, user-friendly touch screen. With the amazing mobile printing features, you will be able to print from the palm of your hand. The HP OfficeJet Pro printer supports in helping to reduce the wastage of paper- thanks to the duplex printing feature. So, due to prolonged use, the HP 8710 printer might encounter some hardware issues. One such issue you are going to read in this article is the HP 8710 printer not printing problem. Let us see how to fix HP 8710 Not Printing Issue.
When a printer does not print, there are a lot of factors and scenarios to consider.
- There are print jobs stuck in the queue.
- Check the USB cable connected between the printer and the computer.
- Check the firewall or antivirus on your computer (there are times when the antivirus causes some problems with the devices connected to the computer).
- The print quality of the document is set too high, thus resulting in the printer not printing.
- Check the ink cartridges in the printer, replace them if necessary.
We will now look into the troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Reset The Printer
If you reset the HP printer, it can fix most of the problems. It is considered the primary way to fix the HP 8710 printer not printing issue.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Remove the power cord from the HP printer and the plug from the main power source.
- Wait for at least 1-2 minutes, and connect the power cord to the printer and the plug to the main power source.
- If the HP printer doesn't power on, press the Power button on the control panel.
If this does not resolve the problem of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer not printing, proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Check The Paper Inside The Printer
Checking the paper is one more method, which is an obvious one for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer not printing.
- Make sure that you use the HP-supported media while printing documents.
- Do not load papers that are crushed, torn, or damaged in any way.
- When you load the paper into the input tray, make sure that you load the print side facing down. Many papers have a printing and a non-printing side. The smooth side is the print side.
- Load a different kind of paper to see if the issue is related to the papers in the HP printer.
Method 3: Delete The Pending Print Jobs
For Windows users
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer; do a right-click and select the See what's printing option.
- Do a right-click on each of the print jobs in the queue and select the Cancel option.
Method 4: Check The Ink Cartridges
Ink cartridges are the primary need for the printer to print documents. Here are the steps to check and replace the ink cartridges if necessary.
- Open the HP printer software installed on your computer.
- Make sure that the HP 8710 printer is the chosen one for the software.
- You can check the ink levels to see if the cartridges are empty.
If the cartridges are empty, you can replace them with the following steps.
- Make sure that the HP printer is turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Press the front part of the ink cartridge, which is empty, to release it from the slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from the sealed packaging, slowly slide the ink cartridge into its slot until it's secure (follow the steps for the other ink cartridges if necessary).
Method 5: Paper Jam
- Remove the input tray from the HP printer.
- Take out the paper stack present inside.
- Look inside the printer, locate and remove the jammed paper.
- Make sure that you arrange the paper stack properly in accordance with the paper guides.
- Remove the damaged paper from the stack if there are any.
- Ensure that the paper tray goes all the way into the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
Method 6: Printer Is Offline
There are a couple of methods to bring back the HP 8710 printer online. Here are two preferred solutions.
Solution 1: Disable Printer Offline option
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select Devices and Printers and choose the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
- Select See what's printing.
- Click the Printer tab; deselect the checkbox for Use Printer Offline (If option is enabled).
Solution 2: Restart The Print Spooler Service
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field, and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click on the option and select the Restart option.
Please work on one or more of the methods and troubleshooting steps mentioned to ensure that you no longer face the HP 8710 not printing issue.