HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting
The HP 8710 printer prints at an excellent speed and supports many advanced features. But, sometimes, the printer doesn’t meet every need that you are expecting. The printer might trouble you with some errors, such as an empty ink cartridge, printhead issue, or a paper problem. Here, in this article, you’ll find some interesting HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problems.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 CARTRIDGE PROBLEM
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer offers an excellent performance, but it will not meet your expectations at times. Check this section if you face any cartridge problems.
- Whenever you find your printer facing a cartridge problem, you’ll have to replace the ink cartridge. Replacing the ink cartridge is simple. Ensure that you open the ink cartridge access door. Take out the new cartridge and remove all the protective tapes from the new cartridge after unwrapping the package.
- Later, insert the new ink cartridge and ensure that the ink cartridge is inserted properly into its holder. Ensure that the cartridge matches the label correctly.
- After replacing it, check if the printer is performing well. Do a test print and check whether the printer is doing well by producing the best print quality. This time, the printer should produce sharp and clear texts.
- Additionally, reset the printer as it helps you resolve the cartridge problem. The steps are given below.
- Initially, you need to disconnect the power cord from the HP 8710 printer.
- Next, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Later, reconnect the power cord to your printer and turn on the printer.
- It’s time to resume the printing work, and you’ll have to check if the printer is printing the documents properly. This time, your printer will be free from cartridge problems, and you can print the document with ease.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 PRINTHEAD PROBLEM
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer might trouble you with printhead errors. This happens when your printer has run out of ink, or it needs some cleaning or service. When you perform the following steps, you’ll be free from printhead problems with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer. Initially, reset the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer. Here’s how to do it.
Resetting the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer
- You just need to disconnect the power cord that is connected to the back of your printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Wait for a few minutes. Keep the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer idle.
- Later, you need to connect the supplied power cord again to the back of your printer and to a wall socket. Resume the printing work and check whether the printer is performing well.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 PAPER PROBLEM
If you face any paper jam issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer, just look at this section to resolve the problem.
Clearing the paper jam issue
- Pull out the paper tray from your printer.
- If you find any jammed papers, remove them gently.
- Additionally, remove the jammed papers from the rear of the printer and ink cartridge access door.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Take out the jammed papers from it if you find any.
- Close the ink cartridge access door. If you’ve removed the power cord, reconnect it and check if your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer is free of paper jam issues.
- Remove the jammed papers from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Open the ADF cover and then check for any jammed papers.
- Remove all the jammed papers from inside it.
- Finally, close the ADF cover.
- Now we have seen how to perform HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting. If you can't resolve your HP 8710 Printer issues, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts to help you resolve the issue.