How To Perform HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup?
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 is a multifunctional printer that can print, scan, copy, and fax. It is equipped with the Automatic Document Feeder and duplex printing. It has additional paper trays, so you need not reload paper frequently. Continue to read if you want to know how to perform HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup.
- Unbox your printer and take out everything you received along with it.
- Your package contains an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One printer, ink cartridges, power cord, phone cord, USB cable, setup poster, and Ethernet cable.
- Remove all the protective coverings and packing tapes off the printer and its components. Don't forget to remove the protective covers inside the scanner and make sure not to unpack the ink cartridges until you are ready to install them.
- Take out the given power cord and connect it to your printer and an electrical socket.
- Turn on your printer, and it would start to light up.
- Select your preferred language and other basic preferences.
- Open the printer's cartridge access door and install the ink cartridges according to the color indications.
- Pull out the input tray and slide the edge guides towards the corners.
- Fan and align the paper neatly and load them on the paper tray. Aligning the paper neatly can help you prevent paper jams.
- Adjust the edge guides against the paper and insert the input tray into the printer.
- Now, go ahead to install the printer driver for your computer. Go to HP's official support page, enter your printer model, and download the driver recommended for your Operating System.
Hp Officejet Pro 8720 Scan To E-Mail Setup
- With HP OfficeJet Pro 8720, you can send the scanned documents directly to an e-mail address. You need not scan the documents from your computer and send them as attachments to your e-mail message.
- On your computer, open the HP printer driver, go to the Print, Scan, & Fax tab and click on Scan. Then select the Scan to E-mail Wizard option. Now, click New.
- In the E-mail address field, type the e-mail address to which you want to send the scanned documents.
- Follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions and enter the required information. Once you finish, the document will be scanned and sent by e-mail.
Hp Officejet Pro 8720 Cartridge Setup
- Open the ink cartridge access door and unpack the ink cartridges. Insert the ink cartridges into the holders and press them until they snap in place. Ensure to insert the ink cartridges according to the color indications.
- When your cartridge runs out of ink, make sure to replace it with a genuine HP ink cartridge. If you install a third-party cartridge, your printer might start to malfunction.
- You can check the estimated ink levels from the printer software or the printer's control panel.
Hp Officejet Pro 8720 Driver Install
- On your default browser, visit HP's official support page. In the search field, type HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 and press Enter.
- A list of printers will be displayed. Select your printer model from the list.
- You will be taken to the printer support page. Click on the Software, Drivers and Firmware option.
- Depending on your browser, the operating system you are currently using will be automatically detected. You can also change it manually. Click on Choose a different OS and select the OS you prefer along with its version.
- A list of drivers compatible with the chosen OS will be displayed. Select the driver you need and click on the download option.
- Now, the driver will start to download within few seconds, and you can access it from the saved destination.
Hp Officejet Pro 8720 Wifi Setup
- Turn on your printer, router, and computer.
- On your printer's LCD screen, touch the wireless icon and then tap on the Settings icon.
- Select Wireless Settings from the list and click on the Wireless Setup Wizard. Enter your router's network name and its password.
- Connect your computer to the same router to which your printer is connected. Open the HP printer driver and start printing.
- You can also print wirelessly using Wi-Fi direct, and you don't even need an Internet connection. Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and search for the Wi-Fi signals on your smartphone. Select your printer's network name, and start printing through Wi-Fi Direct.
Hp Officejet Pro 8720 Airprint
- From your iPhone and iPad devices, you can print through AirPrint wirelessly. Ensure that the iPhone or iPad you are using is from the third generation or more, as those from 2nd generation don't support AirPrint.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the same network to which your printer is connected.
- Open an image or file on your Apple device and go to the menu options
- Select Print from the drop-down menu. Pick the basic print settings like the number of copies, paper size, orientation, etc., and finally tap on the Print button.
Hp Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting
- Pull out the input tray entirely from the printer, look inside the printer, and take out all the jammed paper off the printer.
- If you find the paper jammed on the printer's front side, move the print carriage, and take out all the jammed paper from the printer. Once you take out all the jammed paper, close the cartridge access door.
- To take out the jammed paper from the printer's rear, press the two tabs and open the rear access door. Now take out all the jammed paper from the printer.
- To prevent paper jams, do not load the paper more than the indicated limit, do not load curled paper, and always load paper after aligning them neatly.
Print quality issues
- Ensure you are using genuine HP ink cartridges. If you find the cartridges running out of ink, replace the ink cartridges.
- Print quality is always related to the ink cartridges and the print heads. If you find that your cartridge has sufficient ink and works perfectly, you can conclude that the problem is with the print head only.
- You can fix the print head issues by aligning and cleaning the print head.
- To align the print head, load paper on the input tray, tap on the Setup icon on your printer, and select Printer Maintenance followed by Align printhead.
- To clean the print head, tap on the Setup icon and select Printer Maintenance followed by the Clean Printhead.
- You can test the print quality by printing a diagnostic page.
- Most of the print quality problems can be solved by following the steps mentioned above.
Paper feed problems
- Make sure you have loaded paper on the paper tray.
- Ensure you have set the paper guides against the paper and check that it is not too tight.
- If the paper guides are too tight, your printer might fail to pick the paper. So adjust the paper guides if necessary.
- If you find the loaded paper curled, take it out and replace it with uncurled paper and check whether your printer picks up the paper now.
- Check whether you have loaded the paper beyond the indicated limit. If so, remove the additional paper.
- If you cannot resolve your issue, try updating the printer driver. Updating the printer driver can solve almost all the significant problems.
- Now we have seen how to perform HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Setup