HP Deskjet 3050 Wireless Setup Mac
Do you have an HP DeskJet 3050 printer? You can make this entry-level multifunctional printer beneficial by connecting it to your local wireless network. With the wireless connection enabled, you can print from your Mac to this printer via HP Smart or AirPrint. Keep reading the instructions below to know how to perform the HP DeskJet 3050 wireless setup on your Mac.
Using WPS Push Button Method
This method allows you to configure your HP DeskJet 3050 printer over your wireless network without using the wireless credentials.
- Before starting, make sure that your router supports WPS.
- Turn on your printer, Mac, and router.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Wireless button.
- Select the Wireless Settings option from the wireless menu.
- Choose WPS –> Push Button.
- When the printer’s wireless light starts flashing, go to your router.
- Locate and press the WPS button. Hold the button until the LEDs on the router starts to flash.
- Wait for your HP DeskJet 3050 printer to connect to your wireless network.
- Once connected, the wireless light will stop flashing and turned on bright.
- You can connect your Mac to the same wireless network and print any documents using AirPrint.
- If you wish to perform other printer operations from your Mac, use the HP Smart app.
- You can download the HP Smart app on your Mac from the App Store app or the official HP site.
You have now completed the HP DeskJet 3050 wireless setup on your Mac using the WPS Push Button method.
Using WPS PIN Method
- Before starting, identify your router’s IP address.
- Turn on your printer and press the Wireless button to open the wireless menu options.
- Select the Wireless Settings option.
- Choose WPS –> PIN.
- Note down the PIN displayed on the LCD.
- On your Mac, open the default browser.
- Input your router’s IP address in the URL field and hit the Enter key to open the router setup page.
- If prompted, enter the login credentials in the available fields.
- Go to the WPS section and enter the PIN provided by the HP DeskJet 3050 printer.
- Save the settings and carry out the instructions on the printer LCD.
- Now, the printer and your Mac will be connected over the same wireless network.
- The network connection has to be established between your printer and Mac within two minutes. If not, you will end up with wireless connection errors.