How To Perform HP Envy 6200 Setup?
The three-in-one printer “HP Envy 6200” is designed to perform the print, scan, and copy operations over a wireless or USB cable connection. This printer uses the HP Thermal Inkjet technology to perform the print operation. Let us see how to perform HP Envy 6200 Setup.
It comes with some great features, a few of which are listed below.
- Automatic duplex printing
- Borderless printing
- Scan resolution up to 1200 dpi
- OS: Windows and Mac (compatible with almost all the versions)
- Cartridges: 1 Black and 1 Tri-color (cyan, magenta, and yellow)
- Energy-saving mode: HP Auto-Off technology
- Supported media types: Plain paper, HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper, HP Photo Paper, HP Matte Presentation Paper, HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper.
- Interfaces: Wireless and USB
- Mobile printing: AirPrint, Mopria Print, HP ePrint, and Wi-Fi Direct Printing
- Color copy
The cool feature of this printer is that it is easy to set up and use. If you haven’t set up your HP Envy 6200 printer, then follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform it.
Step 1: Unpack the product box
- If you’re going to set up the new HP Envy 6200 printer, then begin with unpacking.
- Open the product box.
- Inside the box, you can find the components, such as HP 303 A Black setup cartridge (~ 200 pages), HP 303 A Setup Tri-color cartridge (~ 165 pages), ink caution flyer, power cord, setup card, Getting Started guide, and media pack. These are provided along with the HP Envy 6200 printer.
- If any of the components from the above-mentioned list is missing or damaged inside the box, then contact your printer manufacturer to get it.
- Take the printer and its components out of the box and place them on a clean surface.
Step 2: Unpack the printer
- Remove the outer packing materials of your printer.
- Make sure that you remove the packing materials from the scanner glass, ink cartridge access door, and other important parts of the printer.
- While removing the packing materials, make sure that you remove them gently and without damaging the printer parts.
- Recycle all the packing materials.
- Place your unpacked printer closer to an electrical outlet and continue with the next step of the HP Envy 6200 printer setup.
Note: Skip steps 1 (unpack the product box) and 2 (unpack the printer) if you have already unpacked your HP printer.
Step 3: Turn on the printer
- Get your HP printer’s power cord.
- Connect the cord in between the printer and the electrical outlet.
- As soon as you connect the cord, the printer will start to turn on.
- Once your printer becomes stable, configure the basic printer settings, such as language, country/region, date/time, etc.
- Make sure that you save the configured settings by pressing the Yes button.
Step 4: Install the ink cartridges
- Get the Black and Tri-color ink cartridges of your printer.
- Now, turn on your printer if it is turned off.
- Open the printer’s ink cartridge access door.
- While the carriage keeps moving, unpack the cartridges.
- Once the carriage is idle, install the unpacked cartridges into their slots. Close the cartridge access door.
Step 5: Loading paper
- Get a stack of U.S letter or A4 paper. Make sure that your HP printer is turned on.
- Open the input tray.
- Take the output tray out of the input tray. Make sure to remove the packing materials from the trays.
- Align the width guides based on the paper tray that you’re loading and load paper in it. After loading the paper, make sure to adjust the width guides correctly.
Step 6: Install the printer software
- Make sure that you have completed your HP Envy 6200 printer’s initialization process.
- Now, use the installation disc or the downloaded HP printer driver file to begin the software installation on your computer. Start by opening the printer driver file.
- When prompted, choose the software, connection type, printer, and other important preferences as per your desire.
- Install the HP Envy 6200 printer driver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- After installing the printer driver successfully, print, scan or copy a test page to check whether the HP Envy 6200 setup is done correctly.
To get remote assistance in performing the HP Envy 6200 setup, click Call.