HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Color
HP OfficeJet 3830 is an outstanding all-in-one printer that can print, scan, and copy. It is a reasonably priced printer with efficient features inbuilt. You might be worried when your HP OfficeJet 3830 fails to print color. But you can fix it easily. Try out the steps given below and check whether you can resolve the HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Color issue.
Change Device Type to Color
On your computer, go to the Settings window and click on Devices followed by Printers and Scanners. Right-click on your printer and select the printer’s properties. Click on the Device Settings tab and change the device type to color. Now check whether you can print color documents with your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer. If you cannot resolve your issue, go to the next step.
Reinstall the printer driver
- Remove the HP OfficeJet 3830 printer from your computer’s Devices list.
- Uninstall the driver for HP OfficeJet 3830. Download and reinstall the driver on your computer. You can download the driver from HP’s official website.
- Now, add your printer to your computer and check whether you can print color.
Check the estimated ink levels
Check the estimated ink levels. If you find any empty cartridges or cartridges with low ink, replace them and check whether your printer can print color.
Restart your printer and computer
- Restart your computer and power cycle your printer.
- Turn off and unplug your printer. Leave it idle for around 30 seconds. Plug it again and turn on your printer. Now check whether your problem has been solved.
Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic page
- Load paper on your printer. Tap on the Setup icon and select Reports followed by Print quality Report.
- Now your printer starts to print the Print Quality Diagnostic page. Take it out from the printer and examine it. If you find that the lines are not straight, you need to align the print head.
- For aligning the print head, tap on the Setup icon, select Printer Maintenance, select Align Print head, and tap on Continue.
- Now, print the diagnostic page again by referring to the steps given above. Check again for white lines or missing color in the color blocks of the print diagnostic page. If there is any such thing, clean the print head.
- On your printer, click on the Setup icon, select Printer Maintenance, and tap on Clean Print Head.
- Now check whether you can print color. If you cannot resolve your HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Color issue yet, you need to replace your print head.