Fix: HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Ink
HP OfficeJet 3830 is an all-in-one reliable printer that comes with an instant ink-ready system. The HP OfficeJet 3830 printer uses the HP Thermal inkjet print technology and it is designed to perform large printing, scanning, copying, and fax operations. So, it is an ideal choice for office needs. Even though this printer comes with some great features, users may encounter an issue when using this printer. The “HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing ink” issue is encountered by many users. If you’re also encountering the same issue with your printer, then scroll down this page to know how to fix it. Before performing the advanced troubleshooting methods, check whether the ink cartridges are installed properly. If not, take them out and reinstall them.
Reinstalling the printer driver (for Windows only)
If your printer cannot print color printouts, uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the printer driver. To do so, follow the instructions.
- On your computer, go to the Programs & Features or Apps & Features screen and remove the printer from the installed programs list.
- Now, turn on your printer and open the Devices & Printers window on your computer.
- Select your HP printer and open its Context menu by right-clicking on it.
- Click Remove Device and remove the printer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once you have removed the printer and its software from your computer, download the latest version of the driver from the printer’s official support page.
- Run the printer software file on your computer to reinstall it.
- After reinstalling the printer driver, check whether the printer is printing in color. If not, perform the following method.
Using the genuine ink cartridges
Sometimes, using non-genuine ink cartridges might also cause these kinds of issues. So, check whether you’re using the cartridges that are recommended by the printer manufacturer. If you are using non-genuine ink cartridges, remove them and reinsert the genuine cartridges into the printer.
Checking and clearing the ink smears
- If you find any ink smeared at the back of your printouts, fix it using an automated tool.
- Make sure that your HP printer is turned on and the paper tray has enough paper.
- On the printer control panel, select Setup > Tools > Clean Page Smears. Now, your printer will start to print the test page.
- Once it is printed, check the quality of the printouts.
- If it is not satisfactory, then perform the next method given below.
Using the appropriate paper
- Check whether you’re using the paper type that is appropriate for your print job.
- If not, remove and reload with the correct one.
- Similarly, configure the print settings correctly if they are configured wrongly.
Replacing the ink cartridges
- Empty or low ink cartridges might also cause these kinds of issues.
- Check the estimated ink levels of your printer by pressing the Ink icon on your printer’s control panel.
- If you find the ink level is low or empty, replace it with a new one.
Contact us to know more about how to fix the HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Ink issue.