HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Wirelessly Mac
“Printer not printing,” “Printer not printing over a wireless network,” and “Printer not responding to the print operation” are some of the common issues encountered by any printer users. This page explains the causes and solutions to resolve the HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Wirelessly Mac issue.
Why is the printer not printing wirelessly on Mac?
This issue can occur if both devices (printer and computer) are not connected to the same network or the network is not stable. However, you can resolve the issue by performing the simple troubleshooting methods given below.
Method 1: Check the connection status
- As the first step of troubleshooting, check if your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer is connected to a stable network.
- If not, disconnect and connect your printer to the network that is active and stable.
- Print a Network Configuration Page to check the network configuration settings.
- To do so, from your HP printer’s Home screen, select the Wi-Fi option.
- Choose Settings > Print Reports > Network Configuration Page or Wireless Test Page.
- Check the cause of the issue in the Network Configuration Report printed by the printer. After identifying the cause, perform the necessary solutions to fix it.
Method 2: Reboot your wireless router and the printer
- Sometimes, the HP OfficeJet 3830 printer may not print wirelessly from a Mac due to small problems with the network device.
- To fix it, restart your wireless router and the printer.
- After restarting the devices, connect the printer to your router manually.
- Similarly, connect your computer to the same network.
- Now, print a test page. If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the issue is resolved. Otherwise, perform the next method.
Method 3: Relocate the router or the printer
- Check if your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer is placed within the range of the wireless router.
- If not, relocate either your printer or the router. If this method doesnt fix HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Wirelessly Mac issue, follow the next method.
- After relocating, connect the printer to the wireless network and print a test page.
- If HP OfficeJet 3830 is not printing wirelessly from your Mac, then perform the next method.
Method 4: Disable the security software or firewall
- Check whether your wireless router’s firewall setting is blocking the wireless printing.
- If yes, disable it temporarily and then perform the print operation.
- Similarly, if the security software installed on your computer is blocking the wireless printing, disable it temporarily and then perform the print operation.
Method 5: Run the HP Diagnosis tool “HP Print & Scan Doctor”
- On your Windows computer, download and install the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool.
- Make sure that your HP printer is turned on.
- Now, open the tool and choose your printer if prompted.
- Click on the Fix printing button, and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the printing issue.
- Once the issue is resolved, print a test page. Now we have seen how to fix HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Wirelessly Mac
Contact us to get remote assistance in resolving the HP OfficeJet 3830 printer that is not printing over a wireless network from Mac.