HP Officejet 3830 Paper Not Feeding
If your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer is not feeding paper, you need not worry at all. The problem might be with the loaded paper or the paper pick rollers. However, you can quickly fix the HP Officejet 3830 Paper Not Feeding issue by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Check the paper
- Check whether the loaded paper has any defects. If you find the sheets to be curled or torn, it might lead to the paper feeding issue. In that case, remove the paper from the paper tray and take out the bent or curled paper from the stack.
- Check inside the paper tray. Make sure that no objects are preventing the paper from connecting with the rollers.
- Take a fresh stack of paper. Fan and align the sheets neatly. Then, load them into the paper tray.
- On the printer software, choose the paper size correctly and start printing.
- Now, check whether your printer feeds the paper. If it doesn’t, move to the next step.
- Clean the paper rollers.
- When dirt or debris sticks to the paper rollers, it might malfunction and fails to feed the paper.
Clean the paper pick rollers in the top paper tray
- To clean the paper pick rollers in the top paper tray, turn off the printer, and disconnect the power cord.
- Take out the paper stack from the input tray. Look down into the input tray with a flashlight and locate the paper pick rollers using the flashlight.
- Dampen a cloth with water and squeeze the excess water from it. Then, clean the rollers gently. Rotate the rollers all around and clean them thoroughly.
- Leave the rollers to dry. Once the rollers have dried completely, plug the power cord into the printer, and turn it on by pressing the Power button.
- Now, check whether the printer feeds the paper correctly.
Clean the paper pick rollers under the printer
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord from the electrical socket.
- Take out the paper from the input tray, raise the printer, and place it on its back.
- Extend the paper tray and find the gray paper pick rollers.
- Dampen a cotton cloth lightly and squeeze out the excess water. Then, clean the rollers gently by rotating the rollers simultaneously.
- Once the rollers are dried, set the printer in the standing position. Then, insert the power cord into the printer and turn it on.
Power cycle the printer
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord. Let the printer be undisturbed for a minute.
- Then, reconnect the power cord into the printer and turn it on.
- Now, check whether your printer feeds the paper.
Update the printer driver
- Updating the printer driver can help you fix most of the significant issues.
- You can download the updated printer driver from the official website of HP.
- Visit HP’s official website from your default browser. Enter your printer model and download an appropriate driver recommended for your OS.
- Run the setup file, agree to the end user agreement and, install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions. Open the driver and try to print the documents.
- If your printer doesn’t feed the paper, it signifies that your printer needs service. Doing a printer service can help you to fix the issue.
- Now we have seen how to fix a HP Officejet 3830 Paper Not Feeding issue.